• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Covered California

AgentWillN

Expert
I have already taken the Class Work and already just passed the Covered California Exam, and was wondering how I become an Agent of Record for each Policy I write! Are they suppose to send me a writing number or some kind of link to an Agent Portal?
Any help would be appreciated.

Seriously, you'd make more money asking people if they want their combo supersized.

Many of us have just given up unless you think 2% of $200 premium is worth your time.

Rick

Seriously, you'd make more money asking people if they want their combo supersized. Many of us have just given up unless you think 2% of $200 premium is worth your time. Rick

Agreed Rick.
I have heard all of the Horror Stories about Covered California, but I feel it necessary to at least offer it to my Clients.
Giving it the old College try!

Picking up aluminum cans along the highway is more profitable than writing health insurance through Covered
California.

Yes, but is picking up Aluminum Cans more profitable than taking orders as Rick suggested....

Picking up aluminum cans along the highway is more profitable than writing health insurance through Covered
California.

Yes, but is picking up Aluminum Cans more profitable than taking orders as Rick suggested....

At least you're outside and would get some sun.

To answer your question, you have an online portal through which you enroll your clients.

Probably just as profitable. It's not worth it except as an accommodation. I going to write someone this week because I'll make $500 enrolling her husband (T65) into an MA plan. If I can't do this, I'll just give her my website and let her pick a plan.

This is outside the exchange but if she did qualify for a subsidy I'd just have her go to the peterleeobamacrap site herself.

You're setting yourself up for lots of work and complaints if you do any of this. Get into Medicare instead. In fact, I'll even help you. Send me an email (below) with your contact information and we can talk.

Rick

Probably just as profitable. It's not worth it except as an accommodation. I going to write someone this week because I'll make $500 enrolling her husband (T65) into an MA plan. If I can't do this, I'll just give her my website and let her pick a plan. This is outside the exchange but if she did qualify for a subsidy I'd just have her go to the peterleeobamacrap site herself. You're setting yourself up for lots of work and complaints if you do any of this. Get into Medicare instead. In fact, I'll even help you. Send me an email (below) with your contact information and we can talk. Rick

Thanks Rick.
I actually do Medicare as well. Last AEP was my first Rodeo and I really enjoyed it.
Part of my Plan is that by servicing folks under Covered CA, I can hopefully circle back come October, just before AEP. Eveyone has a Grandmother, Grandfather, Parents, etc.

HI I am a newly licensed agent and in the process getting my Covered California certification. The company that I would be working says I can make a 1-2K per month using there marketing program. They provide the leads and my only upfront costs would be the $60 for the certification and the cost of my E & O.
This appeals to me as at first I was looking at selling medicare supplements with another company but you had to pay for their mailer marketing program which was very expensive. My question to you guys is is what the Covered Ca. guy telling sound possible? Thanks for your input.

HI I am a newly licensed agent and in the process getting my Covered California certification. The company that I would be working says I can make a 1-2K per month using there marketing program. They provide the leads and my only upfront costs would be the $60 for the certification and the cost of my E & O.
This appeals to me as at first I was looking at selling medicare supplements with another company but you had to pay for their mailer marketing program which was very expensive. My question to you guys is is what the Covered Ca. guy telling sound possible? Thanks for your input.

It depends what company you're using. Blue Shield pays 4% so if the plan is a whopping $1K a month, you get a huge $40. Anthem is a flat $18 and Health Net pays 2%.

I would sell med supps instead. This year I'll only help existing clients or their referrals with Obamacrap.

And don't look to sell med supps with "a company." You need to be independent so you can use competitive carriers.

Send me your contact info by email (link below) and we can talk.

Rick

Back