• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Covered California

HI I am a newly licensed agent and in the process getting my Covered California certification. The company that I would be working says I can make a 1-2K per month using there marketing program. They provide the leads and my only upfront costs would be the $60 for the certification and the cost of my E & O. This appeals to me as at first I was looking at selling medicare supplements with another company but you had to pay for their mailer marketing program which was very expensive. My question to you guys is is what the Covered Ca. guy telling sound possible? Thanks for your input.

In Insurance, the sky is the limit financially.
HOWEVER, my experience with Covered CA has not necessarily a good one. Half of the folks I end up signing up, are eligible for MediCAL, which does not pay, and a good portion of the others, simply do noy pay their Premiums as they are too expensive.
Medicare Supplements and MAPDs are what have kept me afloat, for the whopping almost 2 years I have been in the industry.
Good luck to you Sir.

Back