Dave Ramsey ELP

But does he even bother to disclaim his advice as entertainment only? Anyone else would find themselves censured in an instant doing this. Since he does try to represent himself as a type of advisor, it would be interesting to see someone sue him over this.

Yes at the begining and end of each show there is a disclaimer. He recommends that you seek the advice of your own lawyer, CPA, financial advisor etc and discloses that he doesn't know anything about you and is giving his generic opinion.

But no insurance??

I just looked him up. He had an insurance license but didn't renew it in TN. License # 652539 David L. Ramsey III, Original date Jun 18 1984, expiration Dec 31 1899. Yes that's what it says on the TN site "1899". Obviously some ass clown with dyslexia working there.

He does have a principle realtors license in effect though.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Can't confirm this, but have heard rumors he is part owner of Zander insurance. If so, he could be paid a salary or other comp without a license.

What I do know about Dave is this. He doesn't do anything for free. The guy has more streams of income than Robert Allen.

I can't find any info about him owning Zander. My guess is they are paying a pretty penny to be endorsed by him though.

Last edited:
I don't listen to his show, so I'll take you at your word. However, telling someone to cash out a DB plan that is earning 7% to invest in mutual funds for 12% sounds anything but generic. Sure, pension funds are a dying breed right now, but to cash out a sure 7% for a maybe 12%, is insane. Even with the benefit of reviewing the information after the fact, can anyone find a fund that is consistently returning 12%?

Yes at the begining and end of each show there is a disclaimer. He recommends that you seek the advice of your own lawyer, CPA, financial advisor etc and discloses that he doesn't know anything about you and is giving his generic opinion.

Ramsey does not own any part of Zander.

ELP's pay x amount per lead

There is no "bidding" for territories

A good ELP is very successful

If the docs like the WL concept go for it.

Some of my docs bought WL from me years ago for estate taxes, but now mostly buy ULNL.

Exactly, good ol' Dave isn't much removed from Bernie. Selling false hope to anyone who is buying. Fortunately Dave isn't running a Ponsi scheme, he's found a legal loophole.

It would be interesting to see a study done showing how many people who have followed Dave's teaching return to their old ways of massive debt.

I believe Bernie Madoff was "guaranteeing" 12% on his fund. But I don't think it's open top new investors.:D

Ramsey does not own any part of Zander.

ELP's pay x amount per lead

There is no "bidding" for territories

A good ELP is very successful

If the docs like the WL concept go for it.

Some of my docs bought WL from me years ago for estate taxes, but now mostly buy ULNL.

What's your source? The other ELP's for health insurance and the investment reps all told me it was a monthly flat fee and not a per lead fee. I also know if Dave catches anyone selling whole life or anything but term he'll pull their ELP contract. As far as the life insurance there is no ELP program it's all Zander. Same wtih the CPA and Realtor ELPs. Flat monthly rate from what they've told me, not a per lead.

Sorry for the confusion, it is a flat fee BASED on x amount per lead, fees are adjusted as needed. Correct, no permanent life insurance recommendations. Trust me, lots of term life sold by other than Zander by ELP's.

Sorry for the confusion, it is a flat fee BASED on x amount per lead, fees are adjusted as needed. Correct, no permanent life insurance recommendations. Trust me, lots of term life sold by other than Zander by ELP's.

That makes sense now. Actually I understand how he prices it now. Oh I know. My wife is a certified counselor through him and she refers term sales to me all the time.

So what happens if you sell a perm product to one of these people, either now or later? Does he yank her ELP status?

That makes sense now. Actually I understand how he prices it now. Oh I know. My wife is a certified counselor through him and she refers term sales to me all the time.

Back