• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Day 2: Indoor Flea Market

HuntAssuranceGroup

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
For those that read Day 1 of my indoor flea market experience
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
HuntAssuranceGroup said:

Oops I hit the button to soon.. So anyway.
Obtained 5 leads. I have one appointment, quoted some term on a husband/wife who want to pay annually, going to call later in week on more term life for male, etc. so promising. Total for weekend was 6 leads, 1 appointment, 2 HOT quotes. So for $50 bucks not bad. But I did spend all day there on Sat and Sunday so my weekend was shot. Any ideas on how to generate more contacts or write business on the spot?

Last edited:
HuntAssuranceGroup said:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Oops I hit the button to soon.. So anyway.
Obtained 5 leads. I have one appointment, quoted some term on a husband/wife who want to pay annually, going to call later in week on more term life for male, etc. so promising. Total for weekend was 6 leads, 1 appointment, 2 HOT quotes. So for $50 bucks not bad. But I did spend all day there on Sat and Sunday so my weekend was shot. Any ideas on how to generate more contacts or write business on the spot?

I don't know how you only got 6 leads. Everyone who walked by your booth should have signed up for the free gift certificate. They should ALL be followed up with. You should be in front of your booth and pitching a FREE drawing for a gift certificate. You are gathering names and people to contact. You should get hundreds per day.

I love this idea. I was thinking of doing this myself. We have an outdoor one here and the rent is $45 per weekend. I love Newby's idea of the give away, everyone loves a chance to win something. I also like Winos idea for a second place planning book. Since my flea market is outdoors, I was going to buy a bunch of bottled water (it's cheap) and give them away with a flyer or something down that line, maybe even a pen also. Still looking at it. I have gone once to just walk around and people watch to see what type of demographic I am dealing with.

If you give bottles of water away, (or anything else for that matter), you might want to have a personalized label made up with your information on it.

Y'all sure it's legal to give out promos free in relation to selling insurance?

Sure..as long as it is not contingent upon the purchase of insurance.. then it would be an inducement. Companies using direct mail leads have included an offer of a premium as long as there has been direct mail leads.

You can give out stuff, you just can't entice to GET insurance, nothing wrong with the quote though. My uncle did the cash swirling around in a telephone box, he had a stack of lead cards filled in two boxes, he couldn't get to them all which was sad.

If you are looking for great advice on tradeshows, fleamarkets etc. go to top gun forums. There are quite a few threads on that subject.
Its basically using your arm to stick people in the gut, forcefully, until they are disoriented from the pain. Tell them, "sign up for this chance to...." or "Wanna free duck, of course you do! fill this out and be on your way"...

Back