Delivering Health Policies

Probably 90% of all people have not met their car insurance agent. No need to - you can compare and buy auto online just like health.

Saying that, life insurance does indeed require a face to face - but not health.

James said:
john_petrowski said:
So when's the last time your car insurance agent came to see you?

Steve lives two miles from me, he is a local Farm Bereau guy and I run into him all the time.

yes...but he does not book time to meet you to go over new auto policy's.....

john_petrowski said:
Probably 90% of all people have not met their car insurance agent. No need to - you can compare and buy auto online just like health.

Saying that, life insurance does indeed require a face to face - but not health.

Sure you don't have to but? I would think State Farm, Farm B., and others that use agents to sell auto insurance has a bigger presense than you think, of course I don't know what the percentages are so I won't guess to make an insignificant point. Fact is some suggest people will buy from who they like, now if this is true to a degree but not totally. I have no doubt there are some pretty unlikeable insurance agents running around that justify things by painting with a broad brush. IMHO, delivering of the policy is a good meeting!

I think the current generation of kids in middle and high school will eventually put places like State Farm out of business - as in their physical offices - not the company. Currently, there are a LOT of 45 to 65 year olds who are sill old school. They'll drive up to their local Nationwide and State Farm office and do business.

I think a significant amount of insurance will be sold online in the upcoming years. Certainly most people will shop online for rates. Why do I want to be ANYTHING from a captive agent? The only thing a State Farm agent can sell is their authorized products. Are they the best deal? Maybe. Would you want to buy health from a State Farm agent? All they can sell is Assurant.

Check in 15 to 20 years from now - arguably very long time - but you'll see those offices shutting down right and left. Bet on it. State Farm agents of the future will probably work from home and sell online.

I'm sure we will all be surprise what the future has to bring. I doubt that State Farm (companies like state farm) offices will shut down, in fact I betcha they'll grow in numbers.

Buying insurance online is new to our generation and it's in the infancy stage. The paradigm is still to contact a State Farm, Allstate, Nationwide agent for insurance. The paradigm will drastically change in the next 20 years.

Look at the mortgage industry. 20 years ago you did your mortgage and refi with your bank. Now that's a dinasaur.

Look at cars and the auto industy. Not 10 years ago customer had no idea what their trade was worth or the invoice of the new car. By the time I left car sales MOST customers came in with their Kelly Blue book value printed out along with the invoice. When I left the internet sales department was responsible for over 50% of all lot purchases.

Things change drastically. I didn't say that State Farm would be out of business 20 years from now. But good luck getting people to drive to the office when the paradigm is to shop, compare and buy ALL insurance online.

James said:
Fact is some suggest people will buy from who they like,

you can be liked by clients and never have meet them.....hell I have clients that love me that I have never met......

I believe clients are much better off by purchasing from me online. First of all, they get to see all the plans - not just the ones the agent feels like showing them. They also get to take control in the process. All my clients go to use my agent links to see the rates and plans. Now, after my initial call where I explain what they're looking at they can now spend days playing around and getting comfortable. That is NOT afforded to clients who meet in person with an agent.

Do they have a lot of time to think about what they want after the presentation? No - during a face-to-face meeting you do indeed explain the plans, but then they get a few minutes to think it over so you can do an app and get it submitted. It's far more pressure for the client. To get rid of the sales pressure all in-person meetings need two visits; one to explain the opitons and recommend. The second visit to enroll after they've had time to digest the info.

With my method people see all the choices, get all the info and have time to digest it. The sale is more solid, the client is happy and deals stick like glue.

Say a life agent comes to my house and explain an annuity - variable and equity, then explains term vs perm. Just how long do I have to give him my decision? I'd want a few days to talk it over with my wife and research the companies. [/img]

James said:
Fact is some suggest people will buy from who they like,

you can be liked by clients and never have meet them.....hell I have clients that love me that I have never met......

That is fine and dandy, its not me saying people don't want to meet insurance rep's. I'm saying in my expierence, is that people are happy to see me. I don't understand how you can be so like yet think people do not want to see you?

Latest posts

Back