Dental Plans Marketing

Re: Dental Plans

Dental expenses (and vision) are qualifying expenses for HSA accounts. My dentist charges Delta much more than he would charge me if I paid cash. IFP dental plans normally cap at $1000 for PPO and you have to find the new clinic that will take the HMO (fresh outta dental school).

I usually recommend covering dental and vision (plus quite a few others) via the HSA and taking the tax deduction/tax free use.

Assurant is offering 40% comm with 12 month advance. Plan range in price from 25 to 40 dollars ( I think). I thought it might be worth taking a look at.

To make money selling dental insurance you have to treat it like milk. Grocery stores sell milk at cost and place it at the furthest corner from the entrance, expecting shoppers to buy other higher margins products once they are in the store.

Dental insurance works well for high income families with children. They get the biggest tax savings by pre-taxing the premium, and the biggest return on wellness benefits that typically have no waiting period. And then there is orthodontia, etc.

After establishing the value, then show how applying the savings towards cash value life insurance ......

Assurant is offering 40% comm with 12 month advance. Plan range in price from 25 to 40 dollars ( I think). I thought it might be worth taking a look at.

I can give out higher contracts than that + bonus...

The Assurant dental is pretty good, particuarly if you keep it over 12 months. Any dental has carve outs - either waiting periods or other terms and limitations to prevent the obvious - someone buying it, using it, and canceling. I know it is hard to believe anyone would do that... LOL.

Out of all of the dental plans I have today, the Assurant one clearly has the highest compensation and it is very consumer friendly.

Seems like a lot of people have an interest in dental plans untill they see them. I'm thinking it might be a good lead in product to get in the door to sell other products. Small business owner might be a good face to face way to get my foot in the door.

Is this the same Assurant dental plan offered under the supplement tab on the Assurant Agent portal?

i just presented voluntary dental to a 50 person group I have the health care for. I explained it as not such a great thing - basically, if you definitely have 2 checkups a year and you need further work then it will save you maybe a few hundred/yr. I had like 30% takeup.
Also presented them with voluntary DI (no group in place). Premiums pretty reasonable, odds of needing it not that great, but if you do, it will change your life. Maybe 5% takeup....

I'm thinking that I should just start to pitch life and DI as crappy deals - just downplay the necessity and see my lives written triple...

Back