Did I screw up? (NC non-resident license question)

DHK

RFC®, ChFC®, CLU®
5000 Post Club
Just applied for a non-resident license for NC. Pretty standard stuff usually.

But I just got notified that I need to schedule a PearsonVUE exam??

Did I accidentally apply for a resident license? Or is this a standard practice for North Carolina?

(Maybe they know who I am and decided to 'flag' my application? Ugh.)

Not worried about passing it, but I'd rather focus on passing my next CLU course.

Give them a call. I would think an easy fix by looking up your national number and they will see your already licensed.

Unless NC doesn't reciprocate with Cali it sounds as though you clicked the wrong button. I have non-res NC and no exam was required.

Yeah, I was too tired and I selected applying for a resident license instead of non-resident. It was certainly a surprise when I got the notification that an exam was required!

@DHK I can't say about current NC laws, and it may vary by line of coverage. Not too many years ago they did not allow a non-resident license for health insurance. Citizens had to go through a "local" resident agent.

@DHK I can't say about current NC laws, and it may vary by line of coverage. Not too many years ago they did not allow a non-resident license for health insurance. Citizens had to go through a "local" resident agent.

That must have been for ACA. They do make you get a separate Med Supp license, so it's not listed as "Health".

Must have been some time ago I had non res in NC since I worked at a call center doing maj med around 2008 maybe 2009 the latest and have been lic in NC ever since one of my biggest states

Back