• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Do you ever get discouraged?

I was going to look at seminars 18 months ago but realized it was not my cup of tea to stay on these people 6 months before they signed up . The sales cycle was too long for my personality .I did the T-65 direct mail about a yr ago with mixed results as the returns were very low . I was lucky enough to build a big book of business over the past 3 yrs with direct mail . Now I’m very very focused on Retention . Call centers are going wild day and night .This is a tough tough business . It’s a tough business because there’s been so much money in it up to know . It attracted 100’s of thousands of agents . The leads build it but your relationships with your clients sustain your book . You must keep grinding as there’s ups and down to it . You know you’ve made it when your renewals hit 5 figs.

I was going to look at seminars 18 months ago but realized it was not my cup of tea to stay on these people 6 months before they signed up . The sales cycle was too long for my personality .I did the T-65 direct mail about a yr ago with mixed results as the returns were very low . I was lucky enough to build a big book of business over the past 3 yrs with direct mail . Now I’m very very focused on Retention . Call centers are going wild day and night .This is a tough tough business . It’s a tough business because there’s been so much money in it up to know . It attracted 100’s of thousands of agents . The leads build it but your relationships with your clients sustain your book . You must keep grinding as there’s ups and down to it . You know you’ve made it when your renewals hit 5 figs.
5 figs as in $10,000 or $50,000 😂

5 figs as in $10,000 or $50,000 😂
when you get to $20-$25 k a month renewals you’ve made it .The trick is cam you keep it . If you get to $50k that’s 2 k policys . If we’re talking mapd . That takes you and at least 1 other full time licensed worker to manage . Preferably 2 . That’s very very very difficult to get to 2 k mapd . That requires writing 200-250 new each and every yr . In addition you’ll have to move at least 10% of your book yearly so that’s 200 plus . I believe you need 2 licensed loa‘s to help you maintain that . I think 1 agent working 8-5 hard Monday - Friday and 7 days a week from mid sept to Dec 7 can handle max 1000-1100 ish mapd . I field an avg of 5-10 client calls 5 days a week. This is probably the last yr I run leads hard . Next yr I’ll spend all the yr working referrals and calling clients saying hello and asking for referrals and sell a good amount of fe

How do agents run numerous F2F calls daily and also have time to take multiple client calls?

Many of the agents claim they NEVER get complaints about MA plans so why all these incoming calls?

Referrals? Attaboys? Can I buy more of this stuff?

All this begs the credibility question . . .

How do agents run numerous F2F calls daily and also have time to take multiple client calls?

Many of the agents claim they NEVER get complaints about MA plans so why all these incoming calls?

The small book I have now granted it is small. I get the rare question, mainly low income clients asking if they can get xyz grocery card or utility card.

Honestly don’t think anyone else wants to hear from me. I call and check in, hardly anyone calls back. I send a monthly email, 50% open rate.

I’m sure we’ll take more closer to AEP.

How does an agent do it ? In between appts driving i take calls . The calls are they lost there food card , change of address , can you give me a list of dentists for my plan. Occasionally you get “why did i get this bill” . I’m getting a lot of “i lost my Medicaid how can i get it back” the last yr .”How come social security took out $350 this month (they lost their Medicaid ). I was looking yesterday . 60% or 600 of my clients are non lis/dsnp . I rarely ever get calls from them .The truth is and people don’t want to believe this people who make under $40k a year don’t pay their hospital bills because they can’t. Those charge are wrote off . 2 things you got to pay are your dr visit and your rx drugs. The rest is is some maybe but most no

As far as I know I cannot discuss other products. I had a couple of people ask me about other products which I am following up on but I do not explicitly mention it in my presentation.

If you market it specifically as a Med Advantage or Med Sup seminar. No.

If you market it as a Retirement Seminar, from my understanding, you are fine.

Plenty of Financial Advisors include slides about Medicare in their retirement seminars.

So you quit going after t65 market? Are you still dropping dsnp direct mail? Best thing I ever did was build my t65 and referrals to 20 new ones a month,

Slumlord (can) make good money as well but eventually a number of them get out of that business . . . at least the smart ones do.

Either they upgrade their market to a better class of individual who takes pride in what they have and strive to pay their (not there) bills.

The poor will always be among us and most of them will never change.

So you quit going after t65 market? Are you still dropping dsnp direct mail? Best thing I ever did was build my t65 and referrals to 20 new ones a month,

Dropping 5k T-65 and 10k dnsp a month . On the dsnp mailer during oep i was mailing from 0-$40k so i got a lot of non dnsp.Returns on all my dm have been weak lately . I’m working on some new verbiage . I saturated 25 plus county’s with over 500k of dm over the last 3 yrs.I changed card colors and a little verbiage but basically the same type card . On the T-65 i was running into to many people that weren’t retiring .I get 5-7 T-65 referrals a month

Last edited:
Back