Do you remember the first Policy you Sold?

Michigan winter 1996 during snow storm (today it would have been called snowpocalypse or polar vortex today for fear). Appointment was half way up the street that was the highest hill in town. Sold PLPD & HO2 in a not so nice of house & had to manually quote it out of a 4 inch binder of rate manuals covering all PC, life & Annuity products.

2nd appointment right after was on the same street at the very top of it, so I had to walk up hill to both appointments in 2 feet of snow. Couldn't write the 2nd house because they had a dangerous setup with their wood stove. But I didn't want to leave because of weather & the heat was so nice from the stove that I kept talking long enough about the dangerous stove that I showed the importance of life insurance for when that stove caught their house on fire.

Went straight home after the appointments because there was no way my frozen fingers could make my cold calls with the rotary dial phone.

Can't imagine how much more successful I might have been if I didn't have to walk up hill both ways, had voice activated smart phone instead of rotary & had quote ability at tip of my fingers instead of manual abacus math & e-app submissions.

Last edited:
Back