Doctor's Office Idea

I am not going in and trying to see the owner. I know that the doctor's are too busy to talk to someone about commercial insurance.

All I am trying to do is talk to the office manager. Hopefully the candy or cookies will at least get me a face to face meeting and if she has no time then, maybe I can set something up for later.

The thing is if you just call and ask for the office manager, you have 0 chance at talking to them. I know from experience. So, I am going to try a different way, even if it's only seeing 40% of them, thats way better than 0!

Do you know what the average physician pays for commercial insurance?
Most times it is a small BOP ($600-$1000) with a small WC policy ($300-$600). Physicians need medical malpractice insurance, commercial, and health. Combine the three and you will make some money.
There is no pain with just the commercial insurance.
Good Luck!

I have thier names. Still doesn't matter.

They don't want to talk about commercial insurance over the phone.

I have written 5 of these things so far. The average premium is right around 14k. The biggest being around 30k and the smallest was just under 4k.

But, I am trying to branch out of my hometown, hence, the candy/cookie/bread option!

I have thier names. Still doesn't matter.

They don't want to talk about commercial insurance over the phone.

They don't want to talk about commercial insurance on the phone? Jeez, I'm shocked! Have you tried talking about THEM instead of YOU and what you "have"?

If you can't get 'em on the phone asking for them by name, then your phone skills need some serious work...

Maybe they'd prefer to talk not about what your product is, but what it does? Briefly of course, so you can determine if there's any mutual basis for meeting. Try it...

Otherwise you'll be running around giving away a lot of doughnuts and candy - without much to show for it than the receipts.

Show up at my door with a 6 pack of Warsteiner and I will let you in.

Probably won't buy, but I will agree to listen to your pitch.

I don't know your business and the difference in profitability between a doctor's office and another industry. That being said, my initial thought is why focus on getting through at a doctor's office when it is so much easier to get through to a decision maker in other industries? No candy needed, just go in an introduce yourself.

Thanks Moonlight you are so helpful. Judging by your posts you are an expert in everything.

I really hope down the road that I can be just like you and talk down to new people in the business and tell them how bad their phone skills must be when you call a doctor's office and ask for a person by their name and you get transferred straight to voicemail.

Surely you have a magic wand where you can call and magically you will not get transferred straight to voicemail, but straight to the office manager, who will be in an excellent mood and they just really want to talk about what your insurance product can do for them.

I really respect the forum and most of the time I get great feedback that's why I come with ideas. I do not post on here for some "guru" to give me some smart ass answer about how much better he is than me.

So how about next time you are about to give some smart ass answer to someone like me who asks an honest question, just go hop on the phone with your "excellent" phone skills and don't post.

Thanks

stuartmoore10 said:
I have an idea that I want to run past the forum and see what everyone thinks.

I do not post on here for some "guru" to give me some smart ass answer about how much better he is than me.

Which is it?

Do you really want to see what everyone thinks, or are you looking for people to tell you/your idea how wonderful they are?
If what you're looking for is affirmation, I would suggest you go buy a dog...

I gave you some valuable feedback, problem is you're too dumb/insecure to consider it.

Back