Doctor's Office Idea

I don't understand, how is the OP competing with the pharm reps? He initially wants the attention of the office manager? The pharm rep wants to spend time with the physician.

I don't understand, how is the OP competing with the pharm reps? He initially wants the attention of the office manager? The pharm rep wants to spend time with the physician.

Not competeing, but just one of the many who will wanting the attention of the receptionist and handing her/him gifts. Seems like a waste of time to me but then again, I cold-call on the phone exclusively.

That is correct. I am not competing with the reps because they want to sell something to the doctor. My product can be sold without the doctor. Almost 100% of the time, the doctor wants no part in dealing with the insurance.

Bottom line is if I can get to the office manager, convince them that I can get themm the same or better coverage for a better price and have better service, I win.

If I can convince her, she will tell the doctor and away we go. The doctors don't care to hear about it. If it can increase their bottom line, they are in.

Also, there are many coverages that are specific to doctor's offices that if they haven't looked at their policy in the last couple of years, there is no way that they have proper coverage. All of the HIPPA standards have paved the way for more protection from hackers getting in and stealing information.

There are so many ways to get them on your side, it just takes getting in front of them.

I think M&Ms are great. My opinion is that receptionists probably like a small container of something they can put on their desk. Plus, you're not trying to impress them with the type, you're just trying to be nice to get them on your side.

I think it's a good idea. One question though...are you running in to problems just going in and getting to see the owner?

That's cool M&Ms then add up some Kisses chocolates would be sweeter as well. ;)

I always call ahead to talk to the decision maker before going. If I were to cold walk, however, I would "butter up" the receptionist. Get her on your side and she'll make sure you see whoever you want. She's the key to the gate. Even if you don't get in the first time (because the decision maker is busy or whatever) she'll remember you the next time and will work in your favor to get you to the right person.

JMHO of course.

That is correct. I am not competing with the reps because they want to sell something to the doctor. My product can be sold without the doctor. Almost 100% of the time, the doctor wants no part in dealing with the insurance.

Bottom line is if I can get to the office manager, convince them that I can get themm the same or better coverage for a better price and have better service, I win.

If I can convince her, she will tell the doctor and away we go. The doctors don't care to hear about it. If it can increase their bottom line, they are in.

Also, there are many coverages that are specific to doctor's offices that if they haven't looked at their policy in the last couple of years, there is no way that they have proper coverage. All of the HIPPA standards have paved the way for more protection from hackers getting in and stealing information.

There are so many ways to get them on your side, it just takes getting in front of them.

If your so sure of this method, then why ask our opinion? Especially when others on this board who have tried methods such as this, gave you their opinion and you tell them how their opinion is wrong...

Just go do it and get back to us in a few months. Trial and error is the best sales coach you will find. And the only coach some people will listen to.

They don't want to talk about commercial insurance on the phone? Jeez, I'm shocked! Have you tried talking about THEM instead of YOU and what you "have"?

If you can't get 'em on the phone asking for them by name, then your phone skills need some serious work...

Maybe they'd prefer to talk not about what your product is, but what it does? Briefly of course, so you can determine if there's any mutual basis for meeting. Try it...

Otherwise you'll be running around giving away a lot of doughnuts and candy - without much to show for it than the receipts.

I always enjoy your responses...you couch some really good answers in your sarcasm. It's like a treasure hunt, I know there's something good there if I just keep looking!:yes:

Back