Does Medicare Part B Cover Home Injections of Enbrel

insurance0707

Guru
1000 Post Club
Michigan
I have a client losing group coverage and she needs a Med supp and Part D. She's on Embrel self injections from her home. Would that fall under Part B or Part D?

Any info would be appreciated

insurance0707 said:
I have a client losing group coverage and she needs a Med supp and Part D. She's on Embrel self injections from her home. Would that fall under Part B or Part D?

Any info would be appreciated

Does she get it from the pharmacy and inject it at home?

You can always call the pharmacy too. They know that stuff very well.

It does not cover it. Part D is the only option on this one. She might be able to do a different drug at a dr.'s office. My mother-in-law does this. She goes once a month

Thanks for the responses....I called Medicare on Sunday and asked them about this. They told me that if the dr orders the enbrel himself and administers it in his office than it is a Part B claim pd 80% by Medicare and the other 20% by med supp. Now the problem is will the client go to the doctors office twice a week to do this when she's perfectly capable of doing it herself at home. For $1100 a month she should really consider it.

Thanks for the responses....I called Medicare on Sunday and asked them about this. They told me that if the dr orders the enbrel himself and administers it in his office than it is a Part B claim pd 80% by Medicare and the other 20% by med supp. Now the problem is will the client go to the doctors office twice a week to do this when she's perfectly capable of doing it herself at home. For $1100 a month she should really consider it.

Thanks for letting me know I was right. :cool:

Back