• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Does Transamerica Have Plans to Leave the FE Market?

Here in Texas, and some other states, a captive company can pop on the Internet and find out pretty darn fast. You better have your ducks in a row already, if this is what you're planning on doing.

I can't have my ducks in a row already, hence the question asking process but I may want to get my ducks in a row. I dont want to do wrong by the agency I'm with just not sure we are the best fit for one another. I still have some traditional business I would like to place with TA but longterm think the FE is what I want to be working and it's obvious my agency doesn't want a focus on this business.

At what point will the captive company become aware that an agent is processing paperwork to go independent?? Obviously wouldn't attempt to write business as indie until left captive appt. but can one put indie appt's in place while still captive??

You want to exit clean.

Quit buying or accepting their leads and/or training if you are leaving.

Get appointed with several new companies.

Tell old agency you are leaving.

Start selling. Do not approach or contact anyone you sold at old agency. Start fresh.

You want to exit clean.

Quit buying or accepting their leads and/or training if you are leaving.

Get appointed with several new companies.

Tell old agency you are leaving.

Start selling. Do not approach or contact anyone you sold at old agency. Start fresh.

Thanks Newby. What companies would you recommend to immediately start looking at for FE in NC?

And do you have lead deals for agents contracted with you?

Newby can I ask your recommendation as to FE companies to begin looking at for sales in NC?

And do you have any lead discount programs for agents contracted under FEX?

sorry if this is duplicate post not sure if went thru...

I have some limited experience in FE sales but recently accepted a captive position with Transamerica thinking I could benefit from the training and learn about additional products and concepts. I wanted to focus on FE though as my niche but now find out my agency seems to want to avoid FE like the plague.

So I'm wondering if TA is making longterm plans to exit the FE market??

Thanks.

Unless it is specifically a senior market agency, most agencies and big name companies are loathe to sell any final expense product. I've even heard them refer to FE as "sh*!" products because they just don't understand the target market.

Why? Because they only know WL, UL, Term as the traditional products to be sold and further, most are really unfamiliar with senior markets and with low-income markets.

Plus, they make more money on the traditional stuff. So if you want training in all product lines it might be good to stay with the agency, otherwise, keep your integrity and make a clean move out. Don't take anything with you, leave on good terms, and if it costs you something just consider it as the expense to get into business for yourself.

That way you're not dragging a lawsuit behind you and you maintain good industry contacts and relations.

Unless it is specifically a senior market agency, most agencies and big name companies are loathe to sell any final expense product. I've even heard them refer to FE as "sh*!" products because they just don't understand the target market.

Why? Because they only know WL, UL, Term as the traditional products to be sold and further, most are really unfamiliar with senior markets and with low-income markets.

Plus, they make more money on the traditional stuff. So if you want training in all product lines it might be good to stay with the agency, otherwise, keep your integrity and make a clean move out. Don't take anything with you, leave on good terms, and if it costs you something just consider it as the expense to get into business for yourself.

That way you're not dragging a lawsuit behind you and you maintain good industry contacts and relations.

If the Trans agency is a former Monumental captive home service agency, they should feel that way. Monumental built their company in the lower income markets as did most other debit companies.

If the Trans agency is a former Monumental captive home service agency, they should feel that way. Monumental built their company in the lower income markets as did most other debit companies.

It is a former Monu agency that is why it strikes me a bit odd that they want to completely shun the FE market. That's why I wondered if they were looking to leave that market entirely?

----------

I would most certainly leave on good terms. No intentions of doing it any other way if that is what I elect to do. No clue what talk of lawsuits is all about? I know not to approach former clients so on, which wouldn't even be an issue at this point.

It is a former Monu agency that is why it strikes me a bit odd that they want to completely shun the FE market. That's why I wondered if they were looking to leave that market entirely?

----------

I would most certainly leave on good terms. No intentions of doing it any other way if that is what I elect to do. No clue what talk of lawsuits is all about? I know not to approach former clients so on, which wouldn't even be an issue at this point.

Just about everything ends badly. If it didn't it wouldn't end.

Thanks Newby. What companies would you recommend to immediately start looking at for FE in NC?

And do you have lead deals for agents contracted with you?

Easiest way to answer that is go to this quoter and set it on your state and pull up a quote for any age over 50. Final Expense Quotes

Call Mark at 800-823-2413 if you want to contract or just check the commission levels.

I have some limited experience in FE sales but recently accepted a captive position with Transamerica thinking I could benefit from the training and learn about additional products and concepts. I wanted to focus on FE though as my niche but now find out my agency seems to want to avoid FE like the plague.

So I'm wondering if TA is making longterm plans to exit the FE market??

Thanks.

Does anyone know if trans is going to keep their direct express opportunity. I spoke with a rep yesterday and she said about half are staying on the books. Is that going to be good enough to continue? Thanks!

Back