Door to Door Vs. Telemarketing

I prospect at the door for either life insurance or critical illness. Once I'm sitting down with them, I review everything during a fact finder, and show them whatever is appropriate (term, whole, GUL, IUL, C.I., disability, etc.)

I don't prospect the senior market except by referral or by accident.

ok so what do you do at the court house for 3 hours on monday

that would not take 1 hour where i live

Good on you.

It doesn't USUALLY take me the entire 3 hours to get the info, but I have it blocked out on my schedule as a standing appointment. I do route optimization for the week immediately afterwards, and that almost always fills up my 3 hours.

I wish it didn't. I wish I had a more efficient system, but I don't currently have the techno-wherewithal or the free time to fix it. it works well enough.

Plus, the way I see it, the single hardest part of selling insurance is simply getting started, so it feels good getting started at 8:00am Monday morning and knowing precisely where I'll be working all week and with whom I'll be speaking.

Good on you.

It doesn't USUALLY take me the entire 3 hours to get the info, but I have it blocked out on my schedule as a standing appointment. I do route optimization for the week immediately afterwards, and that almost always fills up my 3 hours.

I wish it didn't. I wish I had a more efficient system, but I don't currently have the techno-wherewithal or the free time to fix it. it works well enough.

Plus, the way I see it, the single hardest part of selling insurance is simply getting started, so it feels good getting started at 8:00am Monday morning and knowing precisely where I'll be working all week and with whom I'll be speaking.

so then you go out and door knock those people? dont they work? or do you go at night

so then you go out and door knock those people? dont they work? or do you go at night

Correct. I also approach the immediate neighbors of my prospects.

Yes I work late nights Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Generally 9a to 9p...sometimes later, sometimes earlier. For instance, I don't cold knock after 7pm. My after 7pm hours are reserved for set appointments, or with people who've told me it would be okay if I swung by late.

This is probably a dumb question, but what is the mortgage registrations?

People that just bought a house usually just got a mortgage. If you were going to try and sell term or mortgage protection, who better than those that just bought a house.

I think you can do this online now btw. Ask Mark, I know he used search them the old fashioned way.

Back