DSNP question

jack3454

Super Genius
I’m losing my brain here. If a wife has been on disability for a few years and is on medicare and she doesn’t work, but the husband still works, she will have to use her husbands income to see if she can get Medicaid correct? I think this is correct I just want to make sure.

Also,

Does the QMB/SLMB/QI identifier = Medicaid? Or do these levels not count as Medicaid and would then not allow someone to qualify for a DSNP?

I’m losing my brain here. If a wife has been on disability for a few years and is on medicare and she doesn’t work, but the husband still works, she will have to use her husbands income to see if she can get Medicaid correct? I think this is correct I just want to make sure.

Correct

so if one qualifies for any of those mediciaid levels, they will be able to get a DSNP?
Slmb and qi1 get partial dsnps . Some states they qualify for full dsnp benefits but still have the cost sharing . It’s a cluster this yr . I have several apps I wrote were they were qmb and a week later there qi1 . Very deadly time to be wroting dsnps . You take a full dsnp today by dec31 there Medicaid level could drop

I just came across a D-SNP customer myself. I don't usually work this market, but its the son of a current client, so I'm trying to help.
He has SLMB, but it looks like with virtually every D-SNP in Florida the cost share is 20%. He is in Brevard County.

Anyone in Florida have any thoughts on a D-SNP in florida where the cost share wouldnt be 20%? I'm thinking of just putting him with a standard MAPD?

I just came across a D-SNP customer myself. I don't usually work this market, but its the son of a current client, so I'm trying to help.
He has SLMB, but it looks like with virtually every D-SNP in Florida the cost share is 20%. He is in Brevard County.

Anyone in Florida have any thoughts on a D-SNP in florida where the cost share wouldnt be 20%? I'm thinking of just putting him with a standard MAPD?

There are d-snp plans designed for people with partial medicaid (slmb, qi, qdwi). If there isnt one in his county I would be surprised.

Back