Eligibility while on prescription drugs

MT Man 406

I am a 44 year old male; 5/11 190# and take xarelto (factor v leiden) and lipitor (maintenance dosage), will either of those automatically disqualify me from purchasing life insurance?

Most likely neither will disqualify but the policy will be Tabled, meaning that you will be aged up for premium. A Table A adds 1 year, Table B adds 2 years to your current age. Each additional year of addition will increase your premium a few percentage points

will either of those automatically disqualify me from purchasing life insurance?

Not at all. Contact an independent agent.

A Table A adds 1 year, Table B adds 2 years to your current age. Each additional year of addition will increase your premium a few percentage points

That is an interesting perspective. Each table will increase the premium from Std or Std+ about 25%. Unless you are talking Simplified Issue then the Tables are already included in the premium.

will either of those automatically disqualify me from purchasing life insurance?

One more thing.

A salesman will say 'I can do this no problem, let's get started' an Insurance Agent will say 'let's have a conversation and gather the facts and your insurance goals'. The salesmen will just put you in the pipeline with the others. The agent is going to check which company and plan is going to work best for you then present options.

So if you are getting private PMs already, buyer beware.

All IMohsoHO

Contact an agent who will shop for a tentative offer before submitting an application. Not saying the final offer will be the same, but it will give you an idea what to expect. Some agents quote every case preferred just to get the business knowing the policy won't be issued as applied.

Back