Equis or FE Entourage

From an agent that has been consistently writing $25,000 a month door knocking Calendar Leads:

Right. So when someone says "I thought this was free" they might be telling you the truth - but they are remembering a different lead form they had seen from a different agent/agency.

There is no way a literate human being can read the form I get from Josh's leads and think it was free. But I do believe folks when they say they thought it was free. I tell them "Ms Mary, I hear that a lot and that's a valid comment, can I tell you why?"

"As a senior you probably get a lot of notices about different products, services, and benefits, don't you?"

I sure do! Someone is always trying to get my money for something.

"It is very likely you received several offers for information about final expense coverage, isn't it?"

I do think I remember getting something in the mail about it too.

"Right. And you know what, Ms. Mary. Not everyone trying to help seniors will mention that this is affordable life insurance. In fact some will deliberately use the phrases "tax-free benefit" and "free information" to trick seniors into thinking this is free life insurance. We feel it is better to be up front and honest with seniors, don't you?"

Why yes! I'm so glad you stopped by/called!

And that is how this works.

Now, if she still insists she only wants it if it is free and I think she isn't open minded enough to be worthy of a presentation, I ask her to throw the lead away for me and I head for the door.

From an agent that has been consistently writing $25,000 a month door knocking Calendar Leads:

Right. So when someone says "I thought this was free" they might be telling you the truth - but they are remembering a different lead form they had seen from a different agent/agency.

There is no way a literate human being can read the form I get from Josh's leads and think it was free. But I do believe folks when they say they thought it was free. I tell them "Ms Mary, I hear that a lot and that's a valid comment, can I tell you why?"

"As a senior you probably get a lot of notices about different products, services, and benefits, don't you?"

I sure do! Someone is always trying to get my money for something.

"It is very likely you received several offers for information about final expense coverage, isn't it?"

I do think I remember getting something in the mail about it too.

"Right. And you know what, Ms. Mary. Not everyone trying to help seniors will mention that this is affordable life insurance. In fact some will deliberately use the phrases "tax-free benefit" and "free information" to trick seniors into thinking this is free life insurance. We feel it is better to be up front and honest with seniors, don't you?"

Why yes! I'm so glad you stopped by/called!

And that is how this works.

Now, if she still insists she only wants it if it is free and I think she isn't open minded enough to be worthy of a presentation, I ask her to throw the lead away for me and I head for the door.
Thanks, Josh. I gonna kick this to it’s own FE forum thread, jes fer fun!

You had a different take on that objection that I had not heard previously.

Whenever I get any objection, I respond one of two ways:

1) Repeat the objection, say no problem, and close again

"Is this about life insurance. Oh, I already have life insurance, so I don't need to let you in."

"You already have life insurance. No problem ... most people do! This takes just 4 to 5 minutes to go over. Where can we sit down real quick?"

or

"I'm just about ready to go the doctor's appointment."

"You're just about ready to go to a doctor's appointment? No problem. This takes just 4 to 5 minutes to go over. Where can we sit down real quick?" (if they don't have their coat on and the car keys in their hand when they open the door, there ain't no "doctor's appointment" ... it is a blow off.

2) The other way to counter an objection is to validate it and then answer questions to move through it and past it like the above example about the "I thought this was free" objection.

"I have to talk to my son before I do anything. He handles all my finances."

"You would like to run this by your son, Ms. Mary. I hear that a lot, and that is a valid concern. Can I tell you why?"

Yes, please do.

"I'm sure like a lot of seniors we talk to you're getting all kinds of offers for services and benefits on the internet, in the mail, over the telephone, heck, they even try to sell you stuff through the tv, don't they?

They sure do. Everybody is trying to get my money."

It is almost as though a concerned senior who wants to protect her family from the high costs of their final expenses don't know where to turn or who they can trust, can they?

No, we sure can't.

And that is exactly why we come out and meet with seniors like you face to face. What all the other seniors we meet with tell us that they are so thankful to meet us in person, that we show you our state insurance license, and ask you all these health questions ... so that you know you are getting the best policy for your situation from someone you can trust, isn't that nice?

It sure is. I'm so glad you stopped by today!

"Me too, Ms Mary. Me too. Now go grab your driver's license for me and don't forget your check book."

I got it right here! Do I Make the check out to you?

"Heavens no, Ms Mary. I don't ever take your money myself. These are state regulated, not Madoff regulated insurance programs

<we both laugh>

These don't work every time, but they do work often enough - the "free" objection is the easiest. The son/daughter sometimes requires an additional arc of questions. And sometimes Ms Mary just plain ol' sticks to her guns 'cause she don't trust me as far as she can throw me and she ain't buying from me today no how.

Anyhow, I have these written out and I practice them. I practice my door knock script, I practice objections at the door, my presentation, objections at the close, etc. I get a lot of help from my 14 year old son who is going to be a helluva door knocker some day if he ever decides the insurance business is of interest to him.

Whenever I get any objection, I respond one of two ways:

1) Repeat the objection, say no problem, and close again

"Is this about life insurance. Oh, I already have life insurance, so I don't need to let you in."

"You already have life insurance. No problem ... most people do! This takes just 4 to 5 minutes to go over. Where can we sit down real quick?"

or

"I'm just about ready to go the doctor's appointment."

"You're just about ready to go to a doctor's appointment? No problem. This takes just 4 to 5 minutes to go over. Where can we sit down real quick?" (if they don't have their coat on and the car keys in their hand when they open the door, there ain't no "doctor's appointment" ... it is a blow off.

2) The other way to counter an objection is to validate it and then answer questions to move through it and past it like the above example about the "I thought this was free" objection.

"I have to talk to my son before I do anything. He handles all my finances."

"You would like to run this by your son, Ms. Mary. I hear that a lot, and that is a valid concern. Can I tell you why?"

Yes, please do.

"I'm sure like a lot of seniors we talk to you're getting all kinds of offers for services and benefits on the internet, in the mail, over the telephone, heck, they even try to sell you stuff through the tv, don't they?

They sure do. Everybody is trying to get my money."

It is almost as though a concerned senior who wants to protect her family from the high costs of their final expenses don't know where to turn or who they can trust, can they?

No, we sure can't.

And that is exactly why we come out and meet with seniors like you face to face. What all the other seniors we meet with tell us that they are so thankful to meet us in person, that we show you our state insurance license, and ask you all these health questions ... so that you know you are getting the best policy for your situation from someone you can trust, isn't that nice?

It sure is. I'm so glad you stopped by today!

"Me too, Ms Mary. Me too. Now go grab your driver's license for me and don't forget your check book."

I got it right here! Do I Make the check out to you?

"Heavens no, Ms Mary. I don't ever take your money myself. These are state regulated, not Madoff regulated insurance programs

<we both laugh>

These don't work every time, but they do work often enough - the "free" objection is the easiest. The son/daughter sometimes requires an additional arc of questions. And sometimes Ms Mary just plain ol' sticks to her guns 'cause she don't trust me as far as she can throw me and she ain't buying from me today no how.

Anyhow, I have these written out and I practice them. I practice my door knock script, I practice objections at the door, my presentation, objections at the close, etc. I get a lot of help from my 14 year old son who is going to be a helluva door knocker some day if he ever decides the insurance business is of interest to him.
I’m gonna repost this in the FE thread, too!

Smart agent... I hear agents say they don't want to use a 'canned" presentation or script, yet most of the top of the tables guys recommend it.. Then, there are the top producers that are just ashamed to admit it for some reason.. I have been in the filed with a few that say they don't believe in canned presentations and yet their presentation will nor vary more than 2 or 3 words from house to house.. Tom Wolfe compares it to doing surgery... Would you want a surgeon that winged the procedure every time or would you want want one that proceeded each time in a tried and true manner that assured the greatest chance of success? Another example is airline pilots.. Give me one that goes by the checklist every take off and landing... not one that makes it up as he goes.

I hear agents say they don't want to use a 'canned" presentation or script

I say the same thing at every door - not one person would ever tell you that I sound "canned." That is why you practice (at least, that is why I practice). It is no different from going to a play where the actors and actresses say the same thing at each and every performance, night after night, week after week. They do not sound canned because they rehearse their lines over and over until they can deliver them with the right inflection, emphasis, etc.

I have recently been introduced to and met with some pretty big life producers. I can tell you that they believe in scripts, and they believe in a well-composed and consistently delivered presentation, and they practice what they believe. One of them did over $121,000 in commissions in August alone and another di over $70,000 in commissions in August - all whole life sales. They both use scripts all the way down to the delivery of their prospecting initial contact "pitch."

I say the same thing at every door - not one person would ever tell you that I sound "canned." That is why you practice (at least, that is why I practice). It is no different from going to a play where the actors and actresses say the same thing at each and every performance, night after night, week after week. They do not sound canned because they rehearse their lines over and over until they can deliver them with the right inflection, emphasis, etc.

I have recently been introduced to and met with some pretty big life producers. I can tell you that they believe in scripts, and they believe in a well-composed and consistently delivered presentation, and they practice what they believe. One of them did over $121,000 in commissions in August alone and another di over $70,000 in commissions in August - all whole life sales. They both use scripts all the way down to the delivery of their prospecting initial contact "pitch."
You say you are "branching out" Into what area of the business?

Latest posts

Back