Ex MassMutual advisor behind Reddit GameStop thing

Anyone find that ironic? Guy working for a company telling people to stop putting money into 401k & put it all in WL is then possibly investing his compensatiom in day trading individual securities & derivatives.

I am making a few assumptions, but this is where my mind went when reading the headline

I see he is listed on Finra broker check as having Securities licenses. Guessing a lot of his reddit posts violated a lot of securities prohibited activities

Last edited:
Anyone find that ironic? Guy working for a company telling people to stop putting money into 401k & put it all in WL is then possibly investing his compensatiom in day trading individual securities.

I making a few assumptions, but this is where my mind went when reading the headline

I see he is listed on Finra broker check as having Securities licenses. Guessing a lot of his reddit posts violated a lot of securities prohibited activities
I mean, there's no way I would advise an individual to invest/trade the way I do.

It's almost gambling doing some of this stuff (but this dude has a YouTube channel where he posts a lot with some real due diligence).

I'm also guessing that he gives no shits about any violations now that he's worth almost 50 million dollars.Glip_Unanswered_@@@8007d749-4a48-4dfc-9dd5-96abd4b018ee_324951473513193294031.png

It's almost gambling doing some of this stuff (but this dude has a YouTube channel where he posts a lot with some real due diligence).

The origin of this was a subreddit called "Wall Street Bets". I can assure you, anyone going to that section of the internet thinking they're getting "investment advice", is beyond lost.

Wall Street Bets is self-described as "If 4chan found a Bloomberg terminal".

4chan is the garbage land of the internet.

If you're getting financial advice from 4chan...

Here is an example of some of "marketing material" for the "Reddit Run".

jvdl2uzza7e61.png RuNbiK00lC8AEiAGINJPJtuJm-MAUix6VGYeKPsg3Pc.jpg

Here is an example of some of "marketing material" for the "Reddit Run".

View attachment 6744 View attachment 6745
To address your first post...it's literally called "wall street bets". It's a stock gambling subreddit.

He was screaming about this on his youtube channel too, long before it became popular on reddit. The dude got dunked on for even calling GME and even said Jan 2021.

You're also not paying attention if you dont think that even though most of them are idiots, there is some really well thought out, good due diligence there.

I've been on WSB for over a year and believe it or not, there are a lot of great stock ideas if you can get through the memes and bullshit.

I bought PLUG last year based on WSB at 5. Draft Kings as a SPAC was another one. There are several others (those are just the best examples)

This one (GME) has just become a movement. DFV identified a stock that had a historically high short and while it wasn't a great company, it was still viable.

All I have to say is hold.

Oh, and the best part is they figured out how to get around the share restrictions by buying deep ITM calls and immediately exercising them.

Guessing that Robinhood shuts that down next week. They're going to be bankrupt inside of a few months if they keep going down this road.

Last edited:
To address your first post...it's literally called "wall street bets". It's a stock gambling subreddit.

He was screaming about this on his youtube channel too, long before it became popular on reddit. The dude got dunked on for even calling GME and even said Jan 2021.

You're also not paying attention if you dont think that even though most of them are idiots, there is some really well thought out, good due diligence there.

I've been on WSB for over a year and believe it or not, there are a lot of great stock ideas if you can get through the memes and bullshit.

I bought PLUG last year based on WSB at 5. Draft Kings as a SPAC was another one. There are several others (those are just the best examples)

This one (GME) has just become a movement. DFV identified a stock that had a historically high short and while it wasn't a great company, it was still viable.

All I have to say is hold.

Oh, and the best part is they figured out how to get around the share restrictions by buying deep ITM calls and immediately exercising them.

Guessing that Robinhood shuts that down next week. They're going to be bankrupt inside of a few months if they keep going down this road.

I saw that workaround yesterday and my first response was “won’t be long until they shut that down”

I wish all these Robinhood account holders would transfer to another brokerage. RH deserves to go bankrupt.

Back