• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Experienced Cold Callers

Thanks for the feedback!
I was just curious as to "average" to expect from list. Side note, last summer I was closing a "much higher than average" amount of internet leads and when the closing ratio went down, I decided to not continue with the company. Didn't help that they told me that "no one closes that many"

Anyways, first day cold calling, 118 calls made, 2 supp sales. Have to say I really like this cold calling. I spent a bit of time finishing up calling aged leads, have to say cold calling is more for me

Was definitely outside of my comfort zone, but fun!

Leaving a message does work, but it depends a lot on you. My TM was trained to leave messages, and she did a really good job with it, but got burned out, so at that point it's hardly worth it.

I just wrote an app on a client that she never spoke to but left my direct line, and the lady calls me out of the blue, 6 months after the message was left. You never know who is listening and writing this shitt down.

Leaving a message does work, but it depends a lot on you. My TM was trained to leave messages, and she did a really good job with it, but got burned out, so at that point it's hardly worth it.

I just wrote an app on a client that she never spoke to but left my direct line, and the lady calls me out of the blue, 6 months after the message was left. You never know who is listening and writing this shitt down.

I know a successful agent who leaves voice-mails such as

"Hello, _______, my name is, _________, I was just calling you about... (hangs up)"

And the best part is, this actually gets people to call him back :)

Kick ass, ABC!

Now go dial 200 names and sell 4 tomorrow.

Best,
Dave

Thanks for the feedback!
I was just curious as to "average" to expect from list. Side note, last summer I was closing a "much higher than average" amount of internet leads and when the closing ratio went down, I decided to not continue with the company. Didn't help that they told me that "no one closes that many"

Anyways, first day cold calling, 118 calls made, 2 supp sales. Have to say I really like this cold calling. I spent a bit of time finishing up calling aged leads, have to say cold calling is more for me

Was definitely outside of my comfort zone, but fun!

I know a successful agent who leaves voice-mails such as

"Hello, _______, my name is, _________, I was just calling you about... (hangs up)"

And the best part is, this actually gets people to call him back :)

I don't doubt that they do, but does it convert?

A major cemetery chain was sued and lost a lot of money for not leaving messages. Is a cemetery sales call much different than a life insurance sales call? Is the prospect correct in thinking that maybe a loved one died?

A major cemetery chain was sued and lost a lot of money for not leaving messages. Is a cemetery sales call much different than a life insurance sales call? Is the prospect correct in thinking that maybe a loved one died?

There is no law that states that you have to leave a message. There is also not a great conversion ratio if you do leave messages (being generous).

That said, do you know what the basis for the lawsuit was? I think there is a piece of the puzzle that's missing here. To answer your question, yes, it is very different if you see a cemetery phone number on your caller ID vs some random number, but I don't know that we're even talking about that type of a situation here without more info.

Do you have a name, case number, or date?

That's exactly the point. To get them to call back.

Remember, the goal of the phone call isn't to sell someone, its to get them to agree to sit down with you. So in that sense, yes, it does work to set appointments. Now, whether or not you close that appointment is a whole other story...

That's exactly the point. To get them to call back.

Remember, the goal of the phone call isn't to sell someone, its to get them to agree to sit down with you. So in that sense, yes, it does work to set appointments. Now, whether or not you close that appointment is a whole other story...

So just to be clear, you're telling me that when your friend leaves a message, when they call back, he actually gets an appointment with them to discuss insurance?

I heard of folks using that "HANG UP" method ....the problem is a GOOD number of folks will be HOSTILE...once they call back, after realizing you TRICKED them into returning a cold call.
Some will be very pissed....the question you need to ask is, is THAT the call you want to process?

Not 'judging' anybody, one way or the other but it reminds me of working 'press ones'.....some people press one JUST to bitch and cuss you out for calling "my effing phone" (thick skin, required) same thing here......

Some folks will be pissed and let you know it, remember 'buy you the bull and sometimes get the horns'... IMO just be prepared and aware of what you are asking for. :1tongue:

Back