• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Experienced Cold Callers

I heard of folks using that "HANG UP" method ....the problem is a GOOD number of folks will be HOSTILE...once they call back, after realizing you TRICKED them into returning a cold call.
Some will be very pissed....the question you need to ask is, is THAT the call you want to process?

Not 'judging' anybody, one way or the other but it reminds me of working 'press ones'.....some people press one JUST to bitch and cuss you out for calling "my effing phone" (thick skin, required) same thing here......

Some folks will be pissed and let you know it, remember 'buy you the bull and sometimes get the horns'... IMO just be prepared and aware of what you are asking for. :1tongue:

How are you tricking them by not leaving a voicemail if they don't answer their phone that doesn't make any sense

10 hours dialing using a predictive dialer should result in these numbers. At least this is what I experience with my system.

1600 dials in 10 hours
77% VoiceMail, No Answer, Busy
6% bad Data, Wrong numbers
2% fax machines

Leaving 15% answered calls or 240 contacts.
100 are not interested
60 will ask you to callback another time
40 will hang up on you
15 will ask to be put on your DNC list
10 will have a language barrier
15 will be interested in what you have to say and give you a chance to set an appointment.

These numbers are proven daily with our telemarketing program.

A software program that dials multiple lines at once, typically 3.

Allows you to combat the fact that most people don't pick their phone up.

Mojo Dailer is a good one to use.

Regarding your "What's average" question. There are most definitely averages. If your going through your list in a mechanical "telemarketer" mode, I think Josh is corrrect in his .5-3% conversion rate. If your a ass kickin agent that knows his/her business, your getting 2% or better (or you just thought you were as ass kickin agent) .

The real truth is; most good "ass kickin" agents get better on the phone then schedule less and less time, sooner or later they're out the door. (80-20 Rule prevails). I'd hire someone to do this work for you. Make it a business model and stick to selling.

It's rare the agent that maintains a bulldog telemarketing approach over an extended period of time.

Great Stats Twilight. I would agree with them and out of the 15 i would say you get to set about 3-5 appointment well at least my experience.. and i have an accent making it tougher so im guessing for some it is closer to 10

How are you tricking them by not leaving a voicemail if they don't answer their phone that doesn't make any sense

IDK if you were paying attention to the flow of the thread but the 'hang up' method I referenced had to do with starting to talk and then hanging up mid sentence (as if there were some problem...like a 'hurt' friend or 'urgent FAKE matter':

Originally Posted by IliaAlpharetta Image:
Image:
Image:
I know a successful agent who leaves voice-mails such as

"Hello, _______, my name is, _________, I was just calling you about... (hangs up)"

And the best part is, this actually gets people to call him back :)

Originally Posted by Josh Image:
Image:
Image:
I don't doubt that they do, but does it convert?
That's exactly the point. To get them to call back.
Hopefully that clears it up for you........

My post was regarding the 'start the conversation then HANG UP'....thus pretending some sort of disconnection to TRICK a person to call back.

IMO that is NOT a call back and having seen it used I know for a fact that some people will be pissed, once they figure out 'the jig'....that is very different than just not leaving a message at all.

Yep more folks will call back, my point is some will NOT want to do business with you if they feel you pulled a 'punk'd' move on them (of course that's if they are 'quick' enough to 'get' what you did)

That's quite a good move, but a risky one. It may even make your clients think that you are just fooling them.

But I'd rather do it as well, but only a few times - not on every call that I will make if I was on that kind of situation. :)

this whole "call back" discussion is a mind-f*** that ive been through with many people through the years..if you are truly "telemarketing" it really defeats the purpose which is jamming through as many numbers as possible and eliminating (qualifying) the prospects

leaving messages is a complete waste of time...even if you get them to call back, especially if they dont know what its about, still leaves people that arent interested, want a (another) call back, language barrier etc etc. so the amount of time/number of calls/messages to generate call backs and the time spent qaulifying the people that call back is much better spent finding live interested prospects..especially if youre on a dialer

if you want to optimize your TM campaign you may consider a one time rebuttal for people that automatically say "not interested" something like..."No problem..just a quick question before I let you go...If I could show you a way to cut your premiums by 15-20% - you would probably at least want to know about it - right?" affirmative response or silence = continue on with your pitch...that should improve the response somewhat...also your TM reps will have more confidence leaving calls that way rather than wussing out and hanging up on the first "no" they get

10 hours dialing using a predictive dialer should result in these numbers. At least this is what I experience with my system.

1600 dials in 10 hours
77% VoiceMail, No Answer, Busy
6% bad Data, Wrong numbers
2% fax machines

Leaving 15% answered calls or 240 contacts.
100 are not interested
60 will ask you to callback another time
40 will hang up on you
15 will ask to be put on your DNC list
10 will have a language barrier
15 will be interested in what you have to say and give you a chance to set an appointment.

These numbers are proven daily with our telemarketing program.

That's pretty much the same kind of figures I get when I make calls. :1wink:

Back