Experts, I Need Some Major Help !

You are working the market backwards. Many new agents do this.

You'll have a hard time finding a way to get a large number of people better rates. If you did this, everyone else would as well, making it hard for you to do it. Try an example. Walk down your street and quote everyone, at least 10 families. My guess is 8 will have rates as good as you can provide, regardless of who your carrier is. 1 will get a savings, but not substantial, 1 will have a savings that will be significant.

The ones that you can improve are because of some change in their life. Added a new driver, or someone moved out, or bought some new cars, etc. It's these types of events / markets that you need to identify and target. If not, you'll run a lot of quotes and have few sales.

Knowing your target market, what drives that market, and what is a catalyst for people to switch is crucial to having success in the P&C industry. You will never have lower rates than everyone else for very long. That changes pretty quickly.

Dan

hi 7 month ago get my License L&H and P&C i am working a company just sale life but i am trying to open my owen office but i dont have any adea so any one can give me any adea i am in Houston TX 832 341 2002

Last edited:
hi 7 month ago get my License L&H and P&C i am working a company just sale life but i am trying to open my owen office but i dont have any adea so any one can give me any adea i am in Houston TX 832 341 2002
I don't normally complain about someones spelling...but that was just plain bad.

If Pacific Specialty Insurance is available in your area, they have killer rates on property insurance(ho-3,dp-1, dp-3), motorcycle insurance and atv insurance. I would also try Bristol West, State Auto, Mendota, Met Life P & C and Unitrin.

You are working the market backwards. Many new agents do this.

You'll have a hard time finding a way to get a large number of people better rates. If you did this, everyone else would as well, making it hard for you to do it. Try an example. Walk down your street and quote everyone, at least 10 families. My guess is 8 will have rates as good as you can provide, regardless of who your carrier is. 1 will get a savings, but not substantial, 1 will have a savings that will be significant.

The ones that you can improve are because of some change in their life. Added a new driver, or someone moved out, or bought some new cars, etc. It's these types of events / markets that you need to identify and target. If not, you'll run a lot of quotes and have few sales.

Knowing your target market, what drives that market, and what is a catalyst for people to switch is crucial to having success in the P&C industry. You will never have lower rates than everyone else for very long. That changes pretty quickly.

Dan

This seems pretty accurate Dan. Opportunities seem to come up from changes in people's life's such as a new incident on a driving record or one coming off. Buying a home for the first time etc. It seems it only takes asking enough people for the opportunities to become apparent.

Back