Farm & Ranch Healthcare

Flex Guard brochure attached.

Looks like a $20,000 bill for an overnight stay works out like this.

$20,000
- $500
---------
$19,500
x80%
---------
$15,600

BUT . . . the maximum daily benefit is capped at $4000. So on the $20,000 bill, UA is responsible for $4000 and you pay the rest.

What have I missed?

Last edited:
Wow - guess you have to actually read. So in the example of a $20,000 bill but you only stayed one night almost nothing gets paid and you're in a financial nightmare.

And what about follow-up treatment stemming from an accident out-patient?

What - no free lunch? And by the way, I didn't even know about the $2,000/day cap - oh, that goes down to $1,000 a day the longer you stay.

Sti and others can back me up that for a major event you can easily see $5,000 to $10,000 of charges per day. I know my wife's 4 day hospital bill went far over $50,000. UA would have paid $8,000 and we'd be looking at BK.

In MD just a semi-private room runs an average of $1,400. And that just starts the bidding.

john_petrowski said:
What - no free lunch? And by the way, I didn't even know about the $2,000/day cap - oh, that goes down to $1,000 a day the longer you stay.

Sti and others can back me up that for a major event you can easily see $5,000 to $10,000 of charges per day. I know my wife's 4 day hospital bill went far over $50,000. UA would have paid $8,000 and we'd be looking at BK.

In MD just a semi-private room runs an average of $1,400. And that just starts the bidding.

But wait, there is more, with the DesignMED Super Supp the client is covered :)

Steve said:
so whats right about a non~major medical........

So we come full circle and it starts to make sense...

I get flack about those types of posts as being a smart ass .....but....sometimes you have to take the long road.......thats how I roll...

When you're new all these polices look like magic: "Look! I can get high risk clients covered!!!" Then you get something......experience. And you start to see the flaws in these plans and you start to see the true cost of medical expenses as your clients start filing major claims.

A little bit of money can put people in really bad shape. I told everyone on the board about my client where the doctor put an incorrect date of the accident and the claim was declined.

I'm still dealing with that appeal today. I hope everyone here understand that a "little" bill like $10,000 can ruin people - especially mentally. Here's the fax I got today followed up by a call. We're trying to get this doctor error reversed - in the mean time my client's go over $10,000+ in bill and he's hyper-freaking. Hospital is giving him 10 more days to pay or collections starts. This is no joke guys.

claimdenialcj3.jpg

I'm figuring a 2-day stay

2 calendar days does not equal a 2 day stay. 23.5 hours, even spread over 2 days, equals one day in the hospital. You have to go over 24 hours to get a second day of coverage.

Back