Farmers Homeowner's Insurance - PA

I have issues with carriers that provide 'all risk' on dwelling but exclude water damage from a roof leak that just occurred from last nights storm. All my carriers cover the internal damage to structure, but not the roof problem, unless caused by peril.

I have issues with carriers that arbitrate that roof is now on ACV, due to it being 15 years old. When in the past policies, there were never any age roof exclusions.

I have issues with carriers that come out with their 'enhanced' policy, only to read the fine print and find out there is no enhanced, added limitations/exlcusions, unless your pet is injured in the fire...

Fact is, many carriers are changing their standard iso ways to adopt separate filed coverage limitations to keep them competitive. They must grow, or die.

Dave

I have issues with carriers that provide 'all risk' on dwelling but exclude water damage from a roof leak that just occurred from last nights storm. All my carriers cover the internal damage to structure, but not the roof problem, unless caused by peril.

I have issues with carriers that arbitrate that roof is now on ACV, due to it being 15 years old. When in the past policies, there were never any age roof exclusions.

I have issues with carriers that come out with their 'enhanced' policy, only to read the fine print and find out there is no enhanced, added limitations/exlcusions, unless your pet is injured in the fire...

Fact is, many carriers are changing their standard iso ways to adopt separate filed coverage limitations to keep them competitive. They must grow, or die.

Dave

Well Dave roof to acv is obviously due to the fact that an insurance company shouldn't be on the hook to replace everyone's roof when it gets old. problem is the roofing companies. They file frivolous claims, when the roof doesn't even need to be replaced and costs go up. Plus they pay the homeowners deductible for them 99% of the time. I agree that it sucks ACv at 15 yrs in most policies now but if your going to own a home, maintenance issues such as replacing an old roof that might leak is the cost of homeownership. I still get calls all the time from clients asking me the stupidest claims questions that they as the home owner have to pay. Then they get mad...

Back