Feedback on My Website

Truthfully that is more than a little out of my sandbox, but FWIW:

-It's sort of a round hole/square peg scenario.
-Apple mobile device (iPad, iPod, iPhone) users can't access your site if it's flash (Probably old news)
-Most of the fixes around that are an awful lot of extra work
-If you go to google and type "site:http://mmhia.com/" you'll see what google sees. On that text file (should be the third link down) you have the content that google can really dig in to. I don't see it tagged correctly (h1,h2, etc) and it's laid out a little off. If you wanted to do something quick and dirty to improve your visibility and google's ability to read your site content, that might be a good place to start.

It may sound a bit dramatic, but you may find you're better off either building another site on a wordpress frame (tough to beat) or converting your site to wordpress altogether. With more and more folks browsing with their phones, it helps to have your site accessible to the percentage of Apple mobile devices users out there. I'm on a mac now and I absolutely love them, but all my mobile devices are Android (I say that as if it's more than my phone and my tablet). I'm sort of a "traitor" in the mac world.

Slightly off-topic suggestions:
-I really dig the video on your site. Usually I'm turned off by them, but it's a very relatable/friendly video that walks folks through the site well, without being intrusive to the user experience.
-The moving clouds are very distracting. They're cool, but going a bit to fast for me and a drain on some browsers, especially if you have someone with an older computer or on a mobile device with flash support.
-Converting your site to wordpress can be relatively cheap or just take some of your own tinkering. In the long run I think you'd be much better off with that either on a parallel site or converted the site altogether.

If you want more in-depth critique either here or offline just let me know and/or shoot me a message. On a very positive note, your site is a really cool example of the potential of flash technology. You have a lot of really cool things going on there. It might come at the expense of conversion and search engine visibility, but the site itself is really slick.

David, site is cute. Really simple with a lot of content. I see a lot of ads which are placed really good. Looks like a good website overall

Back