Finding NEW Insurance Companies?

bodbod

How do independent agents find NEW insurers to appoint / write for? New as in recently formed or as in entering a new state For example "Cheesewiz Insurance is now writing in FLORIDA and we are looking for agents"

New insurers are easier to appoint with but I just don't know how to know about them. Is there some type of group where they tend to be announced?

Asking especially for the state of Florida BUT anything helps.

How do independent agents find NEW insurers to appoint / write for? New as in recently formed or as in entering a new state For example "Cheesewiz Insurance is now writing in FLORIDA and we are looking for agents"

New insurers are easier to appoint with but I just don't know how to know about them. Is there some type of group where they tend to be announced?

The Forum and FMO's.

Are you looking to be captive with a company or independent? What product(s) are you wanting to get appointed for?

Are you looking to be captive with a company or independent? What product(s) are you wanting to get appointed for?

Sorry should of specified more. Independent for personal auto. I have a few direct non standard appointments but need more. I dont even care if the insurer is standard or non standard, if they are unknown or even have garbage service or rates, I just want options to quote with so that If I hire 220 agents they will have options.

One of my insurerscame to me, and another one was refereed by an insurance friend who she said they came to her haha. But there has to be a way to have an eye on them and scope them. Previous guy said FMO and im looking into them but they seem to offer many different services but all I care about is easy new direct appointments.

Florida is a problem. Almost daily another company leaves Florida or goes into receivership. I can't imagine any company writing in Florida today. Citizens Insurance Co which is supposed to be the carrier of last resort is now the largest property insurer in Florida. One company asked for a 100% rate increase but it was denied. Cheesewiz must be an insurtech. I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.

Back