First Year agent wrote 40 MA plans

By the end of my first year I got empty promises from a carrier for $1500 in marketing funds and I had written like 65 Med Supps for them. I didn't see a penny.

I am in year two and I write a mix of Med Supp, MA, PDP. I wrote 146 with one carrier and did not even get a thank you email. I wrote 90 with another and they sent me $1000 in marketing funds. I'm up to 85 with the first company and got a little crystal sales award. Then I have three other senior carriers that I write a bit of business with.

I haven't tallied up everything from AEP yet but my FMO sent me a lovely $200 Amex giftcard for dinner on them. Most of my carriers are awesome about sending me thousands in swag for my community outreach though so I am grateful.

I expect nothing so getting some marketing funds, the award and a giftcard were icing on the cake.
Hustling gets you a very good Jan commission check and then retention commissions month after month. I made over $28,000 in commission from AEP last year and then I averaged $3000 a month this year for new business and retention. I'm excited to see what this January is going to bring in.

By the end of my first year I got empty promises from a carrier for $1500 in marketing funds and I had written like 65 Med Supps for them. I didn't see a penny.

I am in year two and I write a mix of Med Supp, MA, PDP. I wrote 146 with one carrier and did not even get a thank you email. I wrote 90 with another and they sent me $1000 in marketing funds. I'm up to 85 with the first company and got a little crystal sales award. Then I have three other senior carriers that I write a bit of business with.

I haven't tallied up everything from AEP yet but my FMO sent me a lovely $200 Amex giftcard for dinner on them. Most of my carriers are awesome about sending me thousands in swag for my community outreach though so I am grateful.

I expect nothing so getting some marketing funds, the award and a giftcard were icing on the cake.
Hustling gets you a very good Jan commission check and then retention commissions month after month. I made over $28,000 in commission from AEP last year and then I averaged $3000 a month this year for new business and retention. I'm excited to see what this January is going to bring in.

Nobody’s giving you anything extra for med sups or pdp’s . If your doing that many Med sups you should be getting $300 plus an app bonus’s directly from the carriers . The big profit center is mapd . But each person has different negotiating skills to get the deals out there .

Nobody’s giving you anything extra for med sups or pdp’s . If your doing that many Med sups you should be getting $300 plus an app bonus’s directly from the carriers . The big profit center is mapd . But each person has different negotiating skills to get the deals out there .
Unfortunately our main carrier cut their Med Supp bonus program significantly. Last year I did great with the bonuses.

I'm in the middle of nowhere with a low population but with referrals I'm getting my fair share of the T65 and retirees.

I also have a lot of accounts I service that I'm not the AOR because I offer Prescription Assistance Services regardless of whether they are mine or not. That kind of stinks because I do 100% of the work to get the Med Supp premiums paid without getting any compensation, but I get a ton of referrals from it.

I favor Med Supps but I'm seeing a shift with my T65 and retirees to MAPD. I go over the good, the bad, and the ugly and let them decided how much risk they are willing to take.

I'm learning every day and I love popping on the forums when I need assistance. You guys have decades of knowledge and I'm still a newbie so it is an invaluable resource.

I also have a lot of accounts I service that I'm not the AOR because I offer Prescription Assistance Services regardless of whether they are mine or not. That kind of stinks because I do 100% of the work to get the Med Supp premiums paid without getting any compensation, but I get a ton of referrals from it.

Are these from where you replaced a med supp but they already had a good PDP?

Back