• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

First Year agent wrote 40 MA plans

By the end of my first year I got empty promises from a carrier for $1500 in marketing funds and I had written like 65 Med Supps for them. I didn't see a penny.

I am in year two and I write a mix of Med Supp, MA, PDP. I wrote 146 with one carrier and did not even get a thank you email. I wrote 90 with another and they sent me $1000 in marketing funds. I'm up to 85 with the first company and got a little crystal sales award. Then I have three other senior carriers that I write a bit of business with.

I haven't tallied up everything from AEP yet but my FMO sent me a lovely $200 Amex giftcard for dinner on them. Most of my carriers are awesome about sending me thousands in swag for my community outreach though so I am grateful.

I expect nothing so getting some marketing funds, the award and a giftcard were icing on the cake.
Hustling gets you a very good Jan commission check and then retention commissions month after month. I made over $28,000 in commission from AEP last year and then I averaged $3000 a month this year for new business and retention. I'm excited to see what this January is going to bring in.

By the end of my first year I got empty promises from a carrier for $1500 in marketing funds and I had written like 65 Med Supps for them. I didn't see a penny.

I am in year two and I write a mix of Med Supp, MA, PDP. I wrote 146 with one carrier and did not even get a thank you email. I wrote 90 with another and they sent me $1000 in marketing funds. I'm up to 85 with the first company and got a little crystal sales award. Then I have three other senior carriers that I write a bit of business with.

I haven't tallied up everything from AEP yet but my FMO sent me a lovely $200 Amex giftcard for dinner on them. Most of my carriers are awesome about sending me thousands in swag for my community outreach though so I am grateful.

I expect nothing so getting some marketing funds, the award and a giftcard were icing on the cake.
Hustling gets you a very good Jan commission check and then retention commissions month after month. I made over $28,000 in commission from AEP last year and then I averaged $3000 a month this year for new business and retention. I'm excited to see what this January is going to bring in.

Nobody’s giving you anything extra for med sups or pdp’s . If your doing that many Med sups you should be getting $300 plus an app bonus’s directly from the carriers . The big profit center is mapd . But each person has different negotiating skills to get the deals out there .

Nobody’s giving you anything extra for med sups or pdp’s . If your doing that many Med sups you should be getting $300 plus an app bonus’s directly from the carriers . The big profit center is mapd . But each person has different negotiating skills to get the deals out there .
Unfortunately our main carrier cut their Med Supp bonus program significantly. Last year I did great with the bonuses.

I'm in the middle of nowhere with a low population but with referrals I'm getting my fair share of the T65 and retirees.

I also have a lot of accounts I service that I'm not the AOR because I offer Prescription Assistance Services regardless of whether they are mine or not. That kind of stinks because I do 100% of the work to get the Med Supp premiums paid without getting any compensation, but I get a ton of referrals from it.

I favor Med Supps but I'm seeing a shift with my T65 and retirees to MAPD. I go over the good, the bad, and the ugly and let them decided how much risk they are willing to take.

I'm learning every day and I love popping on the forums when I need assistance. You guys have decades of knowledge and I'm still a newbie so it is an invaluable resource.

I also have a lot of accounts I service that I'm not the AOR because I offer Prescription Assistance Services regardless of whether they are mine or not. That kind of stinks because I do 100% of the work to get the Med Supp premiums paid without getting any compensation, but I get a ton of referrals from it.

Are these from where you replaced a med supp but they already had a good PDP?

Back