• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.
Math? Statistics? This isn't Vegas or the stock market buddy.

I'd pay $100k to get my hearing back, maybe I should sue the the HMO that delayed my healthcare due to pre authorization. I nearly died. Did you hear me?

I'd pay $100k to get my hearing back, maybe I should sue the the HMO that delayed my healthcare due to pre authorization. I nearly died. Did you hear me?

Personal stories, yours or someone you know, add credibility to your presentation.

I have been doing this so long that it is rare when I don't have a relatable story. My newsletters often talk about medical situations with Rachel or other family members. Most of the time the story has a happy ending, sometimes it doesn't.

I know you don't talk much about your situation but I do know that you have a compelling story to show what can happen with a managed care plan.

Personal stories, yours or someone you know, add credibility to your presentation.

I have been doing this so long that it is rare when I don't have a relatable story. My newsletters often talk about medical situations with Rachel or other family members. Most of the time the story has a happy ending, sometimes it doesn't.

I know you don't talk much about your situation but I do know that you have a compelling story to show what can happen with a managed care plan.
Yup. Personal story. Simple ear infection viewed by aca hmo carrier as non serious enough to get scans, etc. No antibiotics worked. Otolaryngologist HMO choices were minimal. Turned into bells palsy, then mastoidectomy. My best agent friend we both know put me on group PPO after hiring daughter. She saved my life as I had to have a second major brain surgery to remove a brain abscess after 6 weeks of IV at home. This time I had access to the best brain surgeon for the 2nd surgery because of the PPO that no HMO had in network. Cochlear implant is in my near future per my doc. I can see the future but can't hear it.

Can't put a price on not being able to be part of conversations. And watching TV reading closed captioning is a delight. Thank you managed care!

Did the ink on your license dry yesterday??? It’s INSURANCE… which is literally math and statistics.

Don’t care for your anecdotes. It’s the internet you know.

True when it's car or home insurance, which both can be replaced. Life insurance is one and DONE. Disability insurance replaces income but doesn't fix the problem.

With health insurance, it's not just about your math and $$$, as health conditions linger .......for decades. You're messing around with people's livelihoods, not just their bank account.

I take that part as the most important role of being a "health" agent

True when it's car or home insurance, which both can be replaced. Life insurance is one and DONE. Disability insurance replaces income but doesn't fix the problem.
With health insurance, it's not just about your math and $$$, as health conditions linger .......for decades. You're messing around with people's livelihoods, not just their bank account.

I take that part as the most important role of being a "health" agent
Yeah, because people's budgets don't matter. Especially in the market we work, with the vast majority being on a fixed income and all :wacko:

Yup. Personal story. Simple ear infection viewed by aca hmo carrier as non serious enough to get scans, etc. No antibiotics worked. Otolaryngologist HMO choices were minimal. Turned into bells palsy, then mastoidectomy. My best agent friend we both know put me on group PPO after hiring daughter. She saved my life as I had to have a second major brain surgery to remove a brain abscess after 6 weeks of IV at home. This time I had access to the best brain surgeon for the 2nd surgery because of the PPO that no HMO had in network. Cochlear implant is in my near future per my doc. I can see the future but can't hear it.

Can't put a price on not being able to be part of conversations. And watching TV reading closed captioning is a delight. Thank you managed care!

There you go you were on a ppo . I only sell ppo mapd . But you still had to get Pre authorization for any procedures even with your ppo . Curious how you got on a group ppo ? A 40-50 yr old family of 4 on a group ppo is over $2k a month . Show me how many can afford that ? We keep going back on mapd vs med sup . Nobody’s ever disputed what’s better Many retired people can’t afford $450 -$800 a month for h/w . It’s between that and food /gas and rent for many .

There you go you were on a ppo . I only sell ppo mapd . But you still had to get Pre authorization for any procedures even with your ppo . Curious how you got on a group ppo ? A 40-50 yr old family of 4 on a group ppo is over $2k a month . Show me how many can afford that ? We keep going back on mapd vs med sup . Nobody’s ever disputed what’s better Many retired people can’t afford $450 -$800 a month for h/w . It’s between that and food /gas and rent for many .

Choice of doctors was the difference. Pre auth wasn't an issue with the 2nd surgery given the emergency. I can't avoid pre auth as I'm under 65.

And yes $1400 month is not cheap, but worth every penny. And AZ only requires 2 non spouse employees for group.

Mapd has its place for low income, that's not my clientele.

What insurance do you own? Aca or group or stm?

Back