• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.
Not here in AZ and most states buddy.
I get $300 year for 6 years on med supps in AZ then goes to $40/yr (with no GTL or PDP commish)
MAPD = $600 1st yr + $300/yr forever + your GTL's

FL is $442/yr for 6 years, but that's FL where supp rates are HIGH, and mostly an MAPD market. It's also the only state I will sell HDG for $120/yr
You are wrong, Pal.
I have walked this forum through the math a couple times now, and proved you and other wrong on that claim. Ain't gonna do it again.
In most states, medsupp is more lucrative.
I am impressed with how the MSO hacks were able to flip the narrative on that.
Kudos.
Not my fault math ain't your strong point.

Nor can I . . .

Amplification . . . The BEST product meets the needs and budget WHEN COVERAGE IS NEEDED . . .

For years I have had people tell me they "Need insurance so I can go to the doctor". No, you need cash, money in the bank, or maybe a credit card that is not maxed out for a routine doctor visit.

You need INSURANCE when the bus hits you or you have a serious illness that will cost a ton of money when you need treatment you can't afford.
I agree, let's get rid of first dollar coverage, Medicare, Medicaid, and create an actual free market system.
Promote HSAs and actually pass regulations that will, for the first time ever, bring the cost of healthcare down in this country

I agree, let's get rid of first dollar coverage, Medicare, Medicaid, and create an actual free market system.
Promote HSAs and actually pass regulations that will, for the first time ever, bring the cost of healthcare down in this country
Why can't I just buy a catastrophic health plan? I basically self-fund my family's healthcare anyway (via deductibles). I only care about having coverage for the big stuff like cancer, heart attack, eating a tree while skiing, etc.

You know, the stuff that INSURANCE is made for...

Why can't I just buy a catastrophic health plan? I basically self-fund my family's healthcare anyway (via deductibles). I only care about having coverage for the big stuff like cancer, heart attack, eating a tree while skiing, etc.

Because the Washington elite don't believe you are smart enough to do that on your own. The need them!
:1rolleyes:

44 changed the rules to make insurance AFFORDABLE for everyone . . . perhaps you were absent that day . . .

You guys keep comparing MA to supplements. But MA is supposed to be comparable to Medicare A&B WITHOUT a supplement. When you add a supplement to the equation, of course A&B plus a supplement is higher level of health insurance.

That doesn’t mean it’s a better choice for everyone. I think most would agree that MAPD is a better choice for most people than just A&B alone. Since it includes the RX and a max out of pocket.

As someone that has actually had need to use my UHC PPO health plan this year in two emergency situations, I will 100% be going with original Medicare and a supplement when I age into Medicare. But I can easily afford it. I can definitely see that you will receive better care on original Medicare. No question about it. But if I couldn’t afford a supplement and an RX plan, I would have to go with what I could afford and just accept that. I have no problem selling Advantage plans to people in that situation and there are a lot of them.

As someone that has actually had need to use my UHC PPO health plan this year in two emergency situations, I will 100% be going with original Medicare and a supplement when I age into Medicare.

A true believer . . .

No evidence supports this claim.

A new KFF review of 62 studies published since 2016 that compares Medicare Advantage and traditional Medicare on measures of beneficiary experience, affordability, utilization, and quality finds few differences that are supported by strong evidence or have been replicated across multiple studies.

https://www.kff.org/medicare/press-...icare-advantage-on-a-variety-of-measures/amp/
My personal experience and my conversation with United Healthcare after I got out of the hospital made it very clear to me. I had heard stories from my clients over the last 15-years but it never hit home until it happened to me. There is a HUGE difference in the quality of care. No doubt in my mind.

. I had heard stories from my clients over the last 15-years but it never hit home until it happened to me.

Odd how almost everyone else with MAPD clients NEVER hear complaints from their clients.

Your stories are probably similar to mine when the only thing I had to offer the U65 market was either a PPO or HMO plan . . . and almost 100% had the PPO flavor.

I knew I didn't imagine the problems.

And there is that annoying forum fly again . . .

First, insurance isn’t care. That’s something most of yall keep conflating. Med Supp simply grants more access to care. Does that access translate to better health outcomes? There is scant evidence that it does.
I was being seen by doctors, not insurance agents. But it’s funny, the doctors don’t like to work and not get paid.

Back