GAP Insurance to Auto Dealers

tommyk

Guru
100+ Post Club
Illinois
I currently side line in selling service contracts to automobile dealerships. I have been asked if I can obtain GAP for them to sell. I have tried to research this to no avail.
I am interested in finding a company to contract with so I am able to sign up dealers to sell GAP insurance and make a commission at the same time.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I currently side line in selling service contracts to automobile dealerships. I have been asked if I can obtain GAP for them to sell. I have tried to research this to no avail.
I am interested in finding a company to contract with so I am able to sign up dealers to sell GAP insurance and make a commission at the same time.

You want to look for warrenins on this forum. Here is his website to get in contact with him. Warner Ins

He once wrote the following

"There is a website called autowebapp.com. The site is "on the spot insurance" that is specifically targeted for car dealerships. You sign them up for free and they access the site (under their specific code). They then are able to place vehicles and drivers on their policy and insure their customers for 1 to 30 days with full coverage insurance. Allowing them to sell the vehicle and "Roll" the customer off of the lot within minutes.

This insurance type product has been approved by state insurance departments in 24 states. There is no E&O exposure because you are simply signing up the dealership to use this product presented by autowebapp.com.

After the dealership signs up for the product, they are able to insure the vehicle and customer, print the ID cards, take payment for the policy or get billed by autowebapp.com. Every time they do this - you are paid a commission based on the length of the policy."

I believe in most states this is NOT insurance.

In Texas I believe it is GIP (I being INSURANCE) and you needs some basic no test license to sell it I believe.

I can't imagine a ton of money in this unless people are putting next to no money down.

I am a car veteran of 20 years and worked in F&I for 7 of those. Go to automotivenews.com and look there. If you can't find it, PM me and I will get you some names.

I thougth gap insurance was to cover the difference between what you owe and what the car is worth if something happens to total it.

I'll save you a bit of time, autowebapp.com is NOT gap insurance, it's spot insurance for P&C.

I'd like to find a standalone gap policy to sell. I'm sure they exist, but I haven't come across one (haven't knocked myself out looking either).

Dan

It's actually $195 for each of our franchisees but may be even lower next year when we renew since we have doubled the number of franchises throughout the country.

Back