General Agent Contract with Ohio National

I'm going to be contacting Ohio National tomorrow, but can anyone give me an idea of their comp structure, or what I'd be looking at? I'm in CA.

Assuming you're not meeting with a GA (there are a few - CA seems to be a 'hybrid state' for ONFS)... I can just tell you that you'll like what you see!

You can get started based on your current level of production - it's about 85% on FYC at Level 4 - the highest you can start with no proof of prior production.

You can get contract payout increases without asking for them - and retroactive back to all business placed from the 1st of the year. Just keep producing at higher levels.

At certain levels, you can have advanced commissions, designation educational reimbursement, and group health insurance coverage.

My friend said Ohio national's comp on the ppga contract goes to 130%

Technically that is true, but the real high comp is only on specific products AND more importantly - only if you produce a TON of annual premium. Probably less than 1% of the agents will get that.

They have 10 levels of comp, and what you get is based on product, client age, face, your individual comp level, and year over year production.

Whatever you do with Ohio National.....be prepared to get a ton of color glossies in the mail from them. Not sure how they make money with all the mail outs they do. :biggrin:

At least you get something!!! I have been with them in a career state and never received one thing from them. My policies are mailed to a GA 50 miles away and I quit trying to order supplies because they will only take orders from the GA and will only mail my supplies to him.

Last edited:
Back