Generating Leads

Melissa Steele

I'm a new Agent, but I've worked in sales for a while, mainly real estate. I'm used to generating my own leads, but it seems that in insurance you're expected to buy leads.
I know that insurance is much different from real estate, but has anyone had success generating their own leads through your own website, online/offline ads, etc? Seems like it's an expensive gamble to buy leads because they could be reused several times.

In lead gen, you fit into one of two categories. You have time or money.

Time: putting up a wordpress website and committing daily effort for 12 months to start generating organic traffic.

Money: spending money on different sources of leads to test them out, finding the winners and losers and continuing to optimize. Buy leads, to PPC ads, Facebook, Youtube etc.

There is a LOT more to leads than just leads. You need a system, training, support, strategy and constant improvement or just buying leads will ultimately turn out a failure. Big question here is if you plan to meet these people face to face, or sell by phone/internet.

We cover how we generate internet leads on our FE site if you'd like some inspiration: https://digitalseniorbenefits.com/final-expense-leads

Back