Genworth Flex 2 Application

Just curious a how others feel about the new Genworth application with NO section for medications, doctor information, or any medical conditions other than the knock outs. All subsequent medical info will be gathered by an indifferent paramed nurse in the future.

There is a process called TrueView where the agent is supposed to ask some questions about ht/wt, any bad meds, look for uninsurable conditions......but nothing to write down. So, you apparently have to use your experience to remember what to ask.

I know they are simply following the life insurance model....and it sure makes for a simple application. I would think it can easily increase your decline rate with a few more surprises if you are not careful.

Last edited:
All subsequent medical info will be gathered by an indifferent paramed nurse in the future.

works great......and easy on the e and o......if they really need it and were not up front with you to run the rate then they should take it with a little look now talk......

Just curious a how others feel about the new Genworth application with NO section for medications, doctor information, or any medical conditions other than the knock outs. All subsequent medical info will be gathered by an indifferent paramed nurse in the future.

There is a process called TrueView where the agent is supposed to ask some questions about ht/wt, any bad meds, look for uninsurable conditions......but nothing to write down. So, you apparently have to use your experience to remember what to ask.

I know they are simply following the life insurance model....and it sure makes for a simple application. I would think it can easily increase your decline rate with a few more surprises if you are not careful.

luv it.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sounds good.

I have always felt the LTC applications take too long.

Declines for me are usually because of what was either not told to me or because of what was written in APS and not known.

"Declines for me are usually because of what was either not told to me or because of what was written in APS and not known."

Yes, absolutely. And what a pain in the rear to go through all that questioning crap for nothing. Let the paramedic do it.

As back office, I'm hoping my agents were asking those questions before getting quotes. But realistically, I am concerned about the decline going up a bit. Most agents know Genworth's underwriting. Where I see an issue is the wirehouses that don't pre-screen as well & their back office was pre-qualifying. Genworth says they see the changes in the underwriting increase declines by 1%. Let's see in 2 months how true that is.

Latest posts

Back