getting cash value

Well I have been doing FE for 11 years now and in the past if I ever wanted the cash value amount all I had to do was call the company. Up until yesterday it worked every time!

Well I have been doing FE for 11 years now and in the past if I ever wanted the cash value amount all I had to do was call the company. Up until yesterday it worked every time!

I hear you. Some have really good websites and status reports as well that have CV as well as bene info.

However when I drop a company I usually lose access to the info. Example: Oxford makes me do a three way call.

Just thought of something, does SNL give us access to the policy pagers. Some companies do. You could simply print that page if so. Or call and ask for the non forfeiture options. ExtTerm, RdPdUp and surrender.

I have never been denied access to cash value from any other company that I use, period.

I guess I am glad all I do with Oxford is replace them.

So wino what do you do "differently" to get a real time cash value figure to your clients Medicaid case worker?

I guess I am glad all I do with Oxford is replace them.

So wino what do you do "differently" to get a real time cash value figure to your clients Medicaid case worker?

Oxford is not the only one. I have an old book of Boston Mutual that I have to do three way calls on. I always try to get the companies to send hard copies to my fax or a private email address then forward to the client.

Ah, that is a horse of a different color. Because of loans and such I normally contact the carrier and ask them to send the the medicare letter. they are used to that.

However, if the SS Worker ask for a copy of the policy I send the Spec page and Non Forfeiture or Cash Values page. If a UL, or some other flexible policy I send a copy of the Last Annual report as well. Some SS workers will take the info on my letterhead or by email or fax.

The less interaction My client has the company the better. I get a lot of referrals during service calls.

stated by wino
"I have the exam, app, lab slip, Spec Page, rate page and non forfeiture and cash value page for most of my clients. A bit more on some
."

I sell FE. I don't even know what that stuff is. And I know over the past 11 years selling FE, I haven't needed it.

If I choose to send an app to company XYZ. I should be able to call XYZ for help servicing that policy when I need it. Why would they not want to give me cash value info?

"The less interaction My client has the company the better. I get a lot of referrals during service calls. "

Bingo, That is exactly why I don't want my customer having to call to get cash value.

I should be able to call XYZ for help servicing that policy when I need it. Why would they not want to give me cash value info?

I agree 100%.

However, my experience is some do, some don't, some do sometimes.

Examples: Cincinnati Life = zero information. Genworth = full online info including I think inforce illustrations. Oxford = Zero information. Sentinel Security = depends on who answers the phone. Much better now than years ago. Foresters = Zero last time I called, years ago.

All I'm saying is I don't trust the companies to do what I want.

Back