Getting New Office Computer....is Windows 8.1 Okay?

I hated Windows 8 for a month or two. I don't know why they have to move everything around.

But after a while it's fine. And it definitely runs faster than 7 did. Could just be the newer computer.

With carriers one by one adding the ability to do electronic signatures by touchscreen, Windows 8 will become almost a necessity. Shopping now, deciding whether to do this season with ipad & possibly Parallels App or go with a lightweight Win8 device, which can access PC based carrier electronic apps.

I have downloaded Firefox and Chrome and haven't run into any problems... I think most if not all are open to more than just Internet Explorer. I would call myself a mac novice, but from what I understand most avid Apple fans prefer not to run Parallels as it causes problems. I do love my Mac though and don't know what took me so long to switch.

"I have downloaded Firefox and Chrome and haven't run into any problems..."

I might try that on my desktop Mac, and see if some of the sites will work. I did get messages when using Safari that I could not do the task on the particular insurer's site, so off I went to my Windows laptop. This has come up mostly for the once a year Medicare Advantage recertification online courses from each carrier. I was relieved to see that Aetna supports the newer browsers. One carrier requires IE, no version later than 9.

Back