Good Way to Get LEADS? NEw Agent Needing Help!

Challenge accepted.

The accuracy on my lists is typically running 95% plus and I constantly get positive feedback about the quality.

What makes you like Axciom so much? Do you resell for them?

Josh,

No I don't resell for Axciom. This topic was discussed in an earlier thread.

As I recall, you participated in that discussion and you offered valuable information by finding and posting the study that supports my claim.

My comment was to help the original poster.

I didn't offer any challenge, only a suggestion from someone who has been there and done that.

I've sold millions of dollars of insurance premium, recruited and trained hundreds of agents, sold insurance leads, generated insurance leads and about every other thing involved in insurance marketing.

The thing that most depresses me about my career is seeing so many agents damage their own and their family's finances by spending money unwisely on insurance leads.

I also want to alert new agents to the low quality of insurance leads, that are generally put out by the lead companies and how badly some marketing organizations treat their agents.

Josh,

No I don't resell for Axciom. This topic was discussed in an earlier thread.

As I recall, you participated in that discussion and you offered valuable information by finding and posting the study that supports my claim.

My comment was to help the original poster.

I didn't offer any challenge, only a suggestion from someone who has been there and done that.

I remember the conversation, but your post still struck me as odd for some reason. I still don't know why you said you'd have to check with compliance before posting that study. Reposting a study like that isn't something that usually requires compliance unless you are actually an affiliate/marketing partner/employee of the organization trying to sell something. I'm not saying you're a liar, but that is certainly out of the ordinary.

I also absolutely disagree about the challenge. If you're saying the only company worth buying data from is Axicom, I'm inclined to rise up to that standard.

In reference to that study, infogroup (SalesGenie.com) came in at a whopping 15% inaccurate or something like that. Pretty crazy number, especially if you're doing direct mail.

You've received some really good advice so far.

Before you start spending money on leads prepare a budget for your insurance business.

The money for your insurance business needs to be money you have above what you will need for your household expenses.

Do not spend more than you can afford to loose.

Your single best choice at this stage of your career is to buy a list of names and addresses of people 60 -75 years old that have household incomes between $15,000 and $50,000. Get only one name/address per household.

Buy that list from Axciom or a list broker that sells Axciom data. Axciom has far greater accuracy on addresses than any other compiler.

The list should cost you around $100.

Purchase 2,000 names and addresses. You can get an excel file of those. Sort the file by street address and start door knocking. That means walking through the neighborhoods.

Print out the list and take several pages with you as you travel. Make some note on each home visited. There's a lot of reasons to do this, but just do it. You'll get more responses.

If you're dedicated to succeed, by the end of 30 days you will have personally knocked on most if not all of those 2,000 names.

What ever you know about selling final expense now, you will know much more.

You will have spent $100 bucks on a list, less than that on gas.

If you haven't sold at least 10 policies at the end of the 2,000 names, you might want to consider a new market.

Knocked on 2000 doors and only made 10 sales? Should be around 10 times that.. However, it would appear the math is off on more than just on the sales ratio.. Assuming a person works in the field 20 days per month, that is 100 physical door knocks per day. Perhaps some people do that many door knocks in a day but I have never known anybody to do it. It is hard enough to do 100 telephone dials per day much less actually drive out to an area and knock on 100 doors.

I remember the conversation, but your post still struck me as odd for some reason. I still don't know why you said you'd have to check with compliance before posting that study. Reposting a study like that isn't something that usually requires compliance unless you are actually an affiliate/marketing partner/employee of the organization trying to sell something. I'm not saying you're a liar, but that is certainly out of the ordinary.

I also absolutely disagree about the challenge. If you're saying the only company worth buying data from is Axicom, I'm inclined to rise up to that standard.

In reference to that study, infogroup (SalesGenie.com) came in at a whopping 15% inaccurate or something like that. Pretty crazy number, especially if you're doing direct mail.

Companies and people who have much to loose are always concerned with compliance on all federal, state and local laws and regulations.

I never said that Axciom was the only company worth buying data from. I advised the original post to buy from Axciom because I believe they are the best source.

I believe that Knowledge Based Marketing is a close second.

I have no dog in that fight and do not make any money from any data sold by Axciom.

I suggest that any insurance agent that is paying a mail house to do a mailing for them, ask their mail house what data compiler they are using to get their data lists from.

It is only reasonable that the mail houses would want to use the most accurate lists available. That is important to their response rates. Response rates is how they attract many of thier clients.

There are thousands of mail houses. There are hundreds of very large mail houses. There are several nationally known mail houses routinely mentioned on this forum.

Ask them where they get their data from. Ask the mail house you use where they get their data.

From my personal experience, the vast majority of the nationally known mail houses use Axciom. There must be a reason.

Where ever your mail house gets their data that they are charging an agent to mail to, the agent needs to know the source of that data.

Back