Got My Site Launched

I think some folks may have missed context of this comment and I think it should have more attention drawn to it. Al likes to say that SEO is snake oil and has used the argument that the brains at google are smarter than the folks doing SEO (Al, please elaborate if you'd like).

Correct, while there are some vendors who do WP sites for under $300 and do it well, from what AL has show us, the value is not there for the price point. You don't even get a custom CTA/quote (about $50-70) box, or any content -which u can get good content for under $2/100 words.

You know if he offered a good lead gen WP set up for insurance agents, I would be the first one to put in an order, but I feel for his price it's not worth it for agents or affiliates.

So, like Al has been mentioning for awhile, "seo is the new snakeoil" yeah I guess that's true if you don't want to follow the "yellow brick road", or don't want to believe that Big G is a Big Liar :)

Last edited:
Oh. Wait. I forgot... it's way easier to be like Rap and criticize... from the shadows.)

Al
499WordPressDesign

From the shadows, Al talks like it's abnormal for people on a message board to post from a username, and if knew how to do a lil research he would of found Raph's site by now..
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Where do you get that? Can you show us a service that will write "good content" for $2/100 words? I'd like to see that... hell, we'll hire them.

I have a writer that does them, he also writes for Norvax, about $8 for a 500 word article.

Who or what is "Big G?"

Why not show us your website. Let us judge the value of your criticism of me by what you have done with your site.

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Another coward from the shadows. You and Rap should get a room!

Al

Why should I show you my websites? What is in it for me?

Last edited:
It's a nice looking site... good colors. The content is a bit stilted and trite, but it is serviceable.

The home page is rather badly composed and poorly thought out. There is no compelling text, graphics, or a call to action. Scroll down and you have all this empty space next to the sidebar.

For an insurance agency site, it is about average... but my graphics parter would say it is poorly composed and she would not have let this site out of our shop... not up to our standards. This is the kind of site we think is effective.

I don't mean to sound harsh... your site is probably fine and will do OK for you... and if you are happy with it, than by all means don't change it. But you asked... and so I answered.

As always, YMMV.

Al
499WordPressDesign.com

the only reason i said anything was because of this comment. You basically implied the guys website sucked and that he should get a wordpress site..... If you hadn't bashed his work and said yours was high and mighty, I wouldn't have been so critical

The examples of sites you provided were contradictory to all the things you said were bad about his site (as other people have mentioned). While we can all agree his site needs some work, I still think what he's got its better than any of your suggestions. And while that may just be my opinion, I'd be surprised if any of the sites you've made have generated more than a lead or two a week for the agents that bought them. I mean common you believe SEO is snake oil.... Who cares about how nice a website is if nobody can find it online.

From the shadows, Al talks like it's abnormal for people on a message board to post from a username, and if knew how to do a lil research he would of found Raph's site by now..

Who or what is "Big G?"

Why not show us your website. Let us judge the value of your criticism of me by what you have done with your site.

SHHHHHhhhhH YGMM!!!! he doesnt know about "Big G" hence why he cant find me and all the other sites that make money.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this thread has successfully gone off the rails. :1baffled: Anyway, back to the topic at hand... I actually like the look of your site, but there are a couple suggestions I have:

1.) You should definitely have more content on the homepage (that's clearly already been pointed out).

and

2.) Make better use of the content you've already provided. I checked out your Life Insurance Tips, and I thought there was some good information in there geared toward the average customer (i.e. someone who hasn't done their homework on life insurance first). You gave just enough information where it's helpful, but not too wordy or so much info that it seems overwhelming or too time-consuming to read.

My suggestion would be to use some of those tips with call-to-actions on the homepage to get the user off the homepage and deeper into your site (the longer they stay on your site, the higher your chances are of converting them into a lead/customer). For example, one of your tips has the header "Do You Need Term Life or Whole Life Insurance?" -- why not turn that into a CTA you can have on the homepage: "Term Life or Whole Life Insurance - Find out which one's best for you" and then have that link to a page with that tip on it, as well as something like "Ask The Expert" and your lead capture form.

Also, if you're going to use a quote engine to provide rates on the site, you could have another CTA on the homepage for your tip titled "Shop Smarter" -- you could use something like "Shop Smarter, Not Harder - We Make It Easy!" and then have that link to a page with your tips and a 2nd CTA like "Click Here to Compare Rates Instantly, or fill out our easy form to have us find you the best rate!"

Just my 2 cents. :)

Thanks for posting. I'm adding content regularly to the blog, ultimatly people aren't going to find the homepage first, they will likely find the site through a topic they google, and go from there.

Thanks for posting. I'm adding content regularly to the blog, ultimatly people aren't going to find the homepage firstite through a topic they google, and go from there.

Are you going to use blog posts to target long tail phrases? If this is your strat, I would definitely suggest trying to rank your home page and the main blog page first. If you don't you'll have a bunch of content nobody will ever see.

Are you going to use blog posts to target long tail phrases? If this is your strat, I would definitely suggest trying to rank your home page and the main blog page first. If you don't you'll have a bunch of content nobody will ever see.

yes. i'm working on link building to drive traffic to the home page

haha, no not the dark side. I won't be spamming forums, or submitting to crappy directories, or article spinning. I plan to legitimately get others to link to me.

lhkorn99:
Good ideo on trying to get people to your homepage. I really like the look and feel of your site. You are on track with the videos you have put up so far. There are many "signals" that Google looks for now days.
You really do need more content above the fold on the homepage. Just link building to the homepage with virtually no content will not rank you as well as you might think. Do your keyword research and fine a couple keywords to rank your homepage for and add in some LSI keywords.
Good job on the site so far...now the real work begins....getting visitors....and converting them into leads....

Had to post this here...

So I'm doing a website for a family members legal practice. She wants something clean/basic that her clients can visit. So I started doing some research into what her colleagues have done. I came across a lawyer that specializes in Family Law just like my relative. While scanning it over I noticed that the designer left their link at the bottom. Here is the site:

Portfolio | Law Firm Marketing | Law firm web design | Attorney web site | Legal marketing | Best law firm website | Conroy Consults

Go ahead and click thru to some of their work. For those of you that are claiming a $499 wordpress install is some sort of "scam", please explain what you would call this?

Back