Guaranteed Issue Question

Jimbo45

Have a guy that wants to enroll in a Medigap F & PDP.
Here's the deal...
He's worked for the company for 7yrs. A different agent talked him into moving off the group plan and onto a Medigap plan, back in January. Then, for financial reasons... he canceled his Plan F and PDP and went BACK on the group coverage in March.
Now... he want's to go back on the Medicap F & PDP because the company owner is going to help pay cost. (Can they do that??)

My main question is... He used Guarantee Issue in January, but he's back on Group coverage now. Does he have Guarantee Issue rights if he leaves his group coverage... again?

Have a guy that wants to enroll in a Medigap F & PDP.
Here's the deal...
He's worked for the company for 7yrs. A different agent talked him into moving off the group plan and onto a Medigap plan, back in January. Then, for financial reasons... he canceled his Plan F and PDP and went BACK on the group coverage in March.
Now... he want's to go back on the Medicap F & PDP because the company owner is going to help pay cost. (Can they do that??)

My main question is... He used Guarantee Issue in January, but he's back on Group coverage now. Does he have Guarantee Issue rights if he leaves his group coverage... again?

insurance co. doesn't care who pays the premium however i have seen it where carrier wont accept a business checking account,whether the employer is violating eghp rules by funding individual coverage for this employer is a separate issue

loss of coverage is loss of coverage but some carriers consider whether its voluntary loss or not

Depends on the state and their rules. Consult the carrier you have in mind. Kansas, for example, is only GI for involuntary loss of employer plans, Missouri is GI for voluntary and involuntary loss.

Back