Has Part B but Can't Get Part A

jlallgier

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Two retirees from Canada that moved here two years ago. They have part B but can't seem to get part A. Has anyone ran into this? Trying to find them a solution so they can get a Med Supp or MA. Can they buy into part A?

Piggy backing on that, I have a client who has been in the US from Canada for many years, not a citizen, but paid in for 40+ quarters. Would his recently immigrated wife be eligible for his benefits? He is 60, she is 65.

Two retirees from Canada that moved here two years ago. They have part B but can't seem to get part A. Has anyone ran into this? Trying to find them a solution so they can get a Med Supp or MA. Can they buy into part A?

You can purchase part A of Medicare. Depending on how many years that they paid into SS will depend on how much they pay for their premium. Refer to the Medicare and You handbook for specific cost.

Piggy backing on that, I have a client who has been in the US from Canada for many years, not a citizen, but paid in for 40+ quarters. Would his recently immigrated wife be eligible for his benefits? He is 60, she is 65.
It states that either you or your spouse have completed 40 quarters or 10 years or working and paying into the SS they would be entitled to the benefits.

It states that either you or your spouse have completed 40 quarters or 10 years or working and paying into the SS they would be entitled to the benefits.

Did you bother to click the link AND READ ALL the information or just read the parts you wanted to read?

Did you bother to click the link AND READ ALL the information or just read the parts you wanted to read?
Somarco - unlike you, I didn't need to look anything up. I was just telling him what the rules states. Oh course you have to be in the US for 5 years, you had already pointed that out, I was giving them information that wasn't already posted. Your arrogance is amazing! I know you are the supposed "Guru" but I will match / beat you any day when it comes to compliance and Medicare Rules and Regulation. I have been teaching and training over 3000 agents on this since 2004. Please do not think that you are the only one who knows and understands the rules!

Thanks for the warning, jerk. If you knew about the residency requirement then why did you post an incomplete and misleading response?

Latest posts

Back