• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Health Sherpa New Portal For Agents Working On the Exchange

Yeah but are your clients putting that in on the sherpa site. Look at what they are asking gross income not adjusted...The consumer does not know.

Just talked to my tax guy. I have to laugh at all the agents on here using gross income for sherpa. If your telling your clients to use gross income instead of adjusted gross your in for some big problems guys.

Ah you rookies need to learn the law:D

Have not heard back from sherpa for two weeks. I am out not risking my clients policy because the public is being misinformed on gross.

Wait till your E/O gets hit next year guys.....

So does that include SS disability?

What about private DI payments?

Pension disbursement? What if you take taxes out prior to disbursement?

And what about student loan interest? Does that count?

Before you start lecturing the forum, maybe you should do a little forum research? There have been multiple threads discussing MAGI.

MOST of us aren't sending Sherpa links, except for informational purposes, since Norvax failed. We are using it as a backup when hc.gov and/or carrier direct fails

I mean its right on the site at healthcare.gov come on it only takes a few seconds to look up...!!!!!!!! Here you go talk to your tax adviser for other answers.

Start with your adjusted gross income (AGI). You’ll find this on your most recent federal income tax return. For most people, you can just use your AGI as your ballpark estimate for Marketplace eligibility.

Where to find AGI on IRS tax forms:

Form 1040: Line 37
Form 1040 EZ: Line 4
Form 1040 A: Line 21

Add or subtract certain types of income

Some people may have to add or subtract items from their adjusted gross income to make a more accurate estimate.

Add the following kinds of income, if you have any:
Excluded foreign income
Nontaxable Social Security benefits (including tier 1 railroad retirement benefits)
Tax-exempt interest

Don’t include any Supplemental Security Income (SSI)

Now adjust your estimate for 2015

Remember, your eligibility for premium tax credits and out-of-pocket savings is based on your expected income for 2015, not your 2014 figures. So do your best to account for any changes you think will happen in 2015.

Consider things like expected raises, new jobs, or other employment changes; higher or lower tax deductions; and changes in income from self-employment.

Also account for any expected changes to your household, including gaining or losing tax dependents.

Whatever a person estimates for the next years' income, it will be incorrect**. When taxes are completed, the insured will either owe money to the US Treasury, or receive money from the US Treasury.
ac

** Some self-employed individuals will ensure that their MAGI comes close to the estimate, but I'm advising not to match it to the exact dollar, for obvious reasons.

Here is a question what if you make gross 100k and your adjusted gross is 10k and you live in a state where they did not expand the medicaid. What happens do they owe that money back. And will that person be kicked off obamacare because they are now at below subsidy levels, aprox 12,500. MMM

Here is a question what if you make gross 100k and your adjusted gross is 10k and you live in a state where they did not expand the medicaid. What happens do they owe that money back. And will that person be kicked off obamacare because they are now at below subsidy levels, aprox 12,500. MMM

tell us big daddy.... we want to know...tap tap tap tap tap tap

I did an app on health Sherpa yesterday and wasn't logged in... Anyone done this on accident? If I put another app "on top"of it would that fix it so my NPN is attached?

Back