• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Health Sherpa New Portal For Agents Working On the Exchange

I mean its right on the site at healthcare.gov come on it only takes a few seconds to look up...!!!!!!!! Here you go talk to your tax adviser for other answers.

Start with your adjusted gross income (AGI). You’ll find this on your most recent federal income tax return. For most people, you can just use your AGI as your ballpark estimate for Marketplace eligibility.

Where to find AGI on IRS tax forms:

Form 1040: Line 37
Form 1040 EZ: Line 4
Form 1040 A: Line 21

Add or subtract certain types of income

Some people may have to add or subtract items from their adjusted gross income to make a more accurate estimate.

Add the following kinds of income, if you have any:
Excluded foreign income
Nontaxable Social Security benefits (including tier 1 railroad retirement benefits)
Tax-exempt interest

Don’t include any Supplemental Security Income (SSI)

Now adjust your estimate for 2015

Remember, your eligibility for premium tax credits and out-of-pocket savings is based on your expected income for 2015, not your 2014 figures. So do your best to account for any changes you think will happen in 2015.

Consider things like expected raises, new jobs, or other employment changes; higher or lower tax deductions; and changes in income from self-employment.

Also account for any expected changes to your household, including gaining or losing tax dependents.

OMG. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you. I have been searching for the answers all in one place like that. This is so darn complicated, but you made it crystal clear. Oh my. You've saved me from some real serious problems.

tap, tap, tap, MY FOOT!

OMG. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you. I have been searching for the answers all in one place like that. This is so darn complicated, but you made it crystal clear. Oh my. You've saved me from some real serious problems.

tap, tap, tap, MY FOOT!

Is this Thanksgiving Givingthanks Act II? Well Waahooo..Break out the Turkeys and Banjos. HealthMan1 has solved all of Ann's woes!
:laugh:

healthsherpa guys - I don't know if it's been suggested before but I think that the drug coverage section needs to be expanded in the "compare" view. In Indiana for example, UHC's Silver Choice HSA 2600 reads "30% after deductible" for Specialty but that is 30% minimum $300..............which is kind of a big deal if someone doesn't click the SBC link.

healthsherpa guys - I don't know if it's been suggested before but I think that the drug coverage section needs to be expanded in the "compare" view. In Indiana for example, UHC's Silver Choice HSA 2600 reads "30% after deductible" for Specialty but that is 30% minimum $300..............which is kind of a big deal if someone doesn't click the SBC link.

Don't worry about stuff like that the consumer does not care, but you can call healthsherpa and they will fix it sometime after open enrollment:D

I have a question regarding HMOs on HealthSherpa. Last year when I did on-exchange enrollments, I started at bcbstx.com, jumped over to HC.gov, and then back to BCBSTX.com to finish the enrollment. One of the steps was to select a primary care physician.

With Healthsherpa, there is no way to select that, and since I'm not going through the issuer's website at all, how is that PCP being selected? I've signed up 3 so far on HS and I'm not sure how thats going to be handled.

Back