• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Hello from New Orleans

Hello everyone,

I've been checking out the forums for a few months now and finally decided to join. A friend had been telling me that I should get in the Life Insurance biz for awhile. He thought I'd be good at it. After more than twenty years in IT, I became more curious and decided to start studying for the P&C exam in Louisiana. After doing fairly well on the Pre-License training, I took the exam and passed. That was back in July of last year (2015). Soon thereafter, while working a very short stint for Allstate in a dealership, I trained and took the LHA exam and passed. I started my own agency and ventured into FE in September. It was a little rough through the holidays, but I'm beginning to pick up momentum and am licensed in quite a few states. So far, I've been writing most business in LA, MS, and AR, and 1 so far in TN. Heading to OK next week and looking forward to a great work/pleasure trip (lots of cousins there). When I have time, I enjoy reading some of the threads...mostly looking for good FE tips and lead tips, but also quite a few laughs along the way. I'm glad that I decided to read quite a bit in this forum before almost making what I think would have been a mistake in getting signed up with one of the few organizations that have been talked about at length and giving up a lot of commission. Personally, I like being independent. The more I get out there, the better I get....not to mention like any other sales....numbers, numbers, numbers.

Back