Help - what Can I Offer Your P&C Clients?

Vineyard

Hello,

I am a former agent, now working for a Emergency Services Restoration company. I am networking and marketing towards P&C agents, property management companies, and adjusters. I am trying to create a package to offer to YOUR P&C clients to help you provide a better level of service and take some stress off of your back.

Our company provides emergency services, we are the first ones at a site with a fire loss, water loss, hazmat situation, mold remediation, storm loss, sewage cleanup, etc. We are open 24/7, and arrive within one hour of being called for our services, we are equipped to clean up, stabilize the area and loss, and prevent further damage, until the adjuster arrives or until the insurance company and/or agent can provide help.

I know typically when a client has a loss, the first person they call is the agent, who then scrambles to contact the insurance carrier and provide service to their client. I want to help agents with this process. I am in the process of compiling a contingency agreement to offer to agencies (mostly independent - not in programs) in which we are the specified emergency restoration services company the agent will refer their client to call, or the agent will call. In return, we will offer special pricing, and another incentive, which I am asking you for help to determine.

What would you like me to offer to you and your clients? I would like our company information along with a simple one page brochure and bulleted list of things to do to limit damage in case of an emergency offered to your clients. What creative service or product can I offer to increase your level of service as an agent and that would be useful to your client?

Any ideas or suggestions are much appreciated!

Are your services paid for by the insurance company? That is the key to success in this area.

If you bill the insurance company and work with what they pay you, then it could work.

Also, there would have to be an agreement that you are not going to push your own or any public adjusters.

Then there is the question of what do you offer over companies such as service masters, which does similar things and is frequently who the insurance company calls in.

Dan

Are your services paid for by the insurance company? That is the key to success in this area.

If you bill the insurance company and work with what they pay you, then it could work.

Also, there would have to be an agreement that you are not going to push your own or any public adjusters.

Then there is the question of what do you offer over companies such as service masters, which does similar things and is frequently who the insurance company calls in.

Dan

Yes, our services are paid for by the insurance company! Usually though, the client will want more remodeling work done than the insurance will pay for, which we can take care of.

No, we do not push any adjusters. I am just trying to brainstorm on how to offer incentives to agents to recommend us to their clients.

I sense a bait and switch.

We went from emergency services to remodeling. Are you a full services contractor or just an emergency service responder?

No problem either way, but I always liked to get my clients out of the fog of the urgency before they are approached by contractors to do the real work.

I sense a bait and switch.

We went from emergency services to remodeling. Are you a full services contractor or just an emergency service responder?

No problem either way, but I always liked to get my clients out of the fog of the urgency before they are approached by contractors to do the real work.

No bait and switch. We are the emergency service responder, we have all of the equipment for a water loss cleanup, hazmat, fire, etc. We do the clean up, stabilize the area, and prevent further damage. We are also a full service construction company, so many times we will also do the remodeling work, but we do not market ourselves as a remodeling company.

----------

I need suggestions for incentives or any other ideas that would help me market my company to agents, property managers, etc.....

I need suggestions for incentives or any other ideas that would help me market my company to agents, property managers, etc.....

Incentives may get you that first referral.

If you want to keep getting referrals, make it as painless as possible for both the referrer and the client. At worst, the client doesn't bother calling the referrer because everything went well. At best, they call the referrer singing your praises and how grateful they are to have been referred to you.

The referrer doesn't want to hear one word of complaint about you from either the client or the insurance company. They definitely don't want to hear how you were pushy about the remodeling, how you cost more than anticipated, how there were costs not covered by the insurance, etc.

No bait and switch. We are the emergency service responder, we have all of the equipment for a water loss cleanup, hazmat, fire, etc. We do the clean up, stabilize the area, and prevent further damage. We are also a full service construction company, so many times we will also do the remodeling work, but we do not market ourselves as a remodeling company.

----------

So my basement floods... you clean it up to make it like it was before the flood... and if I want you to do more than the basics (ie, move a wall...add a bathroom, etc), you can do it, but it's not something you "push."

referrals go both ways. Im sure you can send business both ways. They jobs you get you could mention a specific insurance agent? Just an idea - its all about that point of sale.

Incentives may get you that first referral.

If you want to keep getting referrals, make it as painless as possible for both the referrer and the client. At worst, the client doesn't bother calling the referrer because everything went well. At best, they call the referrer singing your praises and how grateful they are to have been referred to you.

The referrer doesn't want to hear one word of complaint about you from either the client or the insurance company. They definitely don't want to hear how you were pushy about the remodeling, how you cost more than anticipated, how there were costs not covered by the insurance, etc.

No complaimts from the insurance company assumes a perfect insurance adjuster who will pay for everything which needs to be done without any push back.

Ha!

In the real world... I want a contractor who won't allow my adjuster to be cheap.

Back