Help - what Can I Offer Your P&C Clients?

No complaimts from the insurance company assumes a perfect insurance adjuster who will pay for everything which needs to be done without any push back.

Ha!

In the real world... I want a contractor who won't allow my adjuster to be cheap.

There is a difference between, "Yeah, dude made sure I did my job right. No cutting corners with him." And "Your guy really is a piece of work. He billed out much higher than the area's average and some of that work, there is no way it is necessary and I'm not even sure he did it. If I have to work with him again, there is going to be a problem."

No complaimts from the insurance company assumes a perfect insurance adjuster who will pay for everything which needs to be done without any push back.

Ha!

In the real world... I want a contractor who won't allow my adjuster to be cheap.

To address this, we use the same estimating system as the adjusters, so if there is ever a discrepancy, it's usually because the adjuster put in the wrong materials, square footage, etc., so it's easily worked out. Ultimately, we work for the insured, and we do everything to service that person.

----------

Move on everyone.

Vol (Tron)Agent keeps nailing this down perfectly!

Why do you say move on to the next thread? Still nobody has answered the original question of what incentives I can use to get referrals from agencies and agents.

Keep in mind, I am a "retired" P&C agent. Right now, all the restoration guys do is visit offices, hand out mousepads and hand sanitizer. I don't want to be that person, I want to offer something unique and useful to the agent and their clients.

Our company is very strong, very reputable. So none of that is an issue.

To address this, we use the same estimating system as the adjusters, so if there is ever a discrepancy, it's usually because the adjuster put in the wrong materials, square footage, etc., so it's easily worked out. Ultimately, we work for the insured, and we do everything to service that person.

As you should. I don't think anyone really has a problem with that.

My point was, you don't want the adjusters thinking you are shady. Having a reputation for by the book probably won't make you any friends among adjusters, but it won't hurt you with insurance companies or agents.

----------

Why do you say move on to the next thread? Still nobody has answered the original question of what incentives I can use to get referrals from agencies and agents.

Keep in mind, I am a "retired" P&C agent. Right now, all the restoration guys do is visit offices, hand out mousepads and hand sanitizer. I don't want to be that person, I want to offer something unique and useful to the agent and their clients.

Our company is very strong, very reputable. So none of that is an issue.

Stop trying to reinvent the wheel. They do it because it works.

Drop off magnets and snacks, bad for you and good for you snacks.

Buy lunch for a referrer, whatever.

There is a difference between, "Yeah, dude made sure I did my job right. No cutting corners with him." And "Your guy really is a piece of work. He billed out much higher than the area's average and some of that work, there is no way it is necessary and I'm not even sure he did it. If I have to work with him again, there is going to be a problem."

Agreed there is a difference.

And I would only work with a contractor who had experience with working claims.

But I would never give an adjuster the benefit of the doubt over a general contractor. Not saying I'd blindly follow the GC either...but I trust adjusters a lot less. The GC works for me. Ultimately, I pay him. The adjuster wants the work done as cheaply as possible.

<CSIHelper: 0x155e4f60>

I like Donuts. Good Gourmet donuts with Captain Crunch in the frosting. Bacon on my maple bar.

Breakfast burritos from the local joint.

I always hated the glass jar with cheap hard candy in it.

A pound of see's choc. Yeah! Gift card to Chipotle!

I like Donuts. Good Gourmet donuts with Captain Crunch in the frosting. Bacon on my maple bar.

Breakfast burritos from the local joint.

I always hated the glass jar with cheap hard candy in it.

A pound of see's choc. Yeah! Gift card to Chipotle!

This is what I'm talking about! Thanks!

I'm also thinking of buying relabeled wine with our company logo, and wine glasses with our company logo etched in to give in gift bags. What do you think of a bottle of wine and two glasses? Our company is called Vineyard Restoration.

Two dollar bills. Crisp and new. Some finance guy (Capital) does that at the conventions. Gives them out at par three holes during golf events. (Put it on the green I'll give you one.- He gives one anyway.) He is the two dollar bill guy. Cheap. and memorable.

Not sure why everyone is breaking this guys "nuts."

Most Rehabilitation companies are in fact OWNED by GC's.

Any yes...there is often additional work that is NOT COVERED by storm damage (or whatever claim). So...in my mind, its a perfect dove tail biz.

The problem that i could see is the ADDITIONAL work would be on the same contract. There needs to be a separate agreement for additional repairs so that everything is above board.

Am i wrong?

Best company I've ever heard of in the restoration space is Belfor: CEO is Sheldon Yellen from Detroit, MI. BELFOR: USA

If you have time, watch this 13 minute video if not, at least check it out from the 10 minute mark. I've met this man in person this year. He is the real deal. I would highly recommend his company to any agent. They will make you look good.

Back