High-end Medical Option Prompts Medicare Worries

Hey, Humana makes some great appliances. We have a 35 yr old RadarRange that works like the day we bought it.

Considering what those things cost way back when, is the reason you kept it 35 years because of the 30 year financing plan?

I've decided that since I am more of an expert in Medicare (CA only) then 99% of the idiots with an insurance license, I will become a "Concierge Insurance Agent."

If someone wants my help they can put me on retainer for $1,500 a year. For this I will shop their coverage at least annually and allow them to call me not only for help with their claims but to bitch at me because their HMO won't allow them to go to the doctor of their choice or that they forgot that they had a $10 office copay.

Yes, I'm a giver.

Dr. Rick

Please tell me this nothing but a spelling error and not a Freudian slip :)

ARGHHH!! I try to be so careful! The scary part is it took me 5 minutes to figure out what you were talking about, even though you bolded my lovely error! I am thinking, what did I say that was weird?
I love to see what typos can do to a thread though, RadarRanges and all.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
But seriously, how many docs actually do this? How many have the kind of clientele that can afford to do this?

Apparently enough can because it is worrying the government, according to the YAHOO article anyway. Sometimes you have to go beyond the headlines with them to see if what they are saying in the headline is actually what the article is about, and if it has the actual weight/importance the headline implies.

My own primary care doc went that route. I didn't pay but as far as I know she is still practicing and is doing well with her new business model. She wanted $1500 a person, or $2500 a couple yearly retainer. Her practice is in North Atlanta so I guess the income is there.

Last edited:
ARGHHH!! I try to be so careful! The scary part is it took me 5 minutes to figure out what you were talking about, even though you bolded my lovely error! I am thinking, what did I say that was weird?
I love to see what typos can do to a thread though, RadarRanges and all.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Apparently enough can because it is worrying the government, according to the YAHOO article anyway. Sometimes you have to go beyond the headlines with them to see if what they are saying in the headline is actually what the article is about, and if it has the actual weight/importance the headline implies.

My own primary care doc went that route. I didn't pay but as far as I know she is still practicing and is doing well with her new business model. She wanted $1500 a person, or $2500 a couple yearly retainer. Her practice is in North Atlanta so I guess the income is there.

True, But yahoo news' goal (and all media) is to attract readers. I take yahoo news with a grain of salt.

Back