Home&Auto with Metlife Grand Protect

Hi Aram, Can you briefly inform me in what makes their product so superior? we have WestBend Home and highway and they do a nice blanket limit policy with raised limits and as a packaged policy modeled after the old Pak II.

Their Grand Protect is loaded above most policies. It is a good product for upper end clients.

Don't trust a multi-rater for Met. They're more accommodating and lenient on tougher cases and claim settlement. Loss ratio/payout could be one reason premiums are high. GP is great for clients who appreciate benefits over price.

Last edited:
Metlife is one of my main carriers in NJ for auto/home. They rely heavily on credit score and need to have clean record. Their Grandprotect product is great and includes lots of coverages that other carriers charge an extra premium for.

I got to start by saying the Grand Protect Policy is AMAZING! Sold it all the time when I was a Producer back in college.

Met is struggling right now. I have faith they will pull it all together and we consider them a partner carrier. However, there are others that seem ready to pull it together faster, sooner.

Great carrier.

They're worthless for me, but their compensation is absurd. Haven't wrote w/ them once since I opened my agency.

They just introduced MetLife Home & Auto MyDirect I hear. They'll be coming after their agents book to bring over customers to this new company while cutting their agents out

They just introduced MetLife Home & Auto MyDirect I hear. They'll be coming after their agents book to bring over customers to this new company while cutting their agents out

MetLife wants to cut out agents and not inspect homes.... Geee, I wonder how that will workout for them? I hope this is not the beginning of the end, however, writing is on the wall.

Many companies have multiple sales channels so I wouldn't say their new direct to consumer portal indicates conclusively moving away from agents. In order to be profitable you gotta play the game, and online is where the new generation of consumer is. What is the future 10 to 20 years from now? who knows? It's also my understanding that Met is investing millions revamping their agent portal to make it easier for agents to do business with them.

Many companies have multiple sales channels so I wouldn't say their new direct to consumer portal indicates conclusively moving away from agents. In order to be profitable you gotta play the game, and online is where the new generation of consumer is. What is the future 10 to 20 years from now? who knows? It's also my understanding that Met is investing millions revamping their agent portal to make it easier for agents to do business with them.

Glad to hear they are revamping the portal... It is awful.

Back