Honestly Scrubbed Against DNC and Cell Phones

I bought a subscription to ListShack and although they say they scrub against cell phones I know for a fact they don't. I scrubbed against cell phones to double check and about 1% of the data is cell phone data. Buyer beware.

----------

Not to mention a lot of searches are littered with glitches.

I appreciate the feedback. We carve out cell phones using the list of prefixes/exchanges and then carve out the ported numbers via a licensing agreement that gives us access to the daily updates. The DNC scrubs are much more direct because the you can download the DNC files in one fell swoop; sourcing the cell phones has been quite a bit more work. The TCPA law specifically states:

It shall be an affirmative defense in any action brought under this paragraph
that the defendant has established and implemented, with due care, reasonable
practices and procedures to effectively prevent telephone solicitations in
violation of the regulations prescribed under this subsection.

Our process easily meets the criteria of reasonable practices and procedures to prevent telephone solicitations in violation of the law, but if you have a better process feel free to reach out to me with it. I presume that you have some empirical evidence to support the 1% and a method you sourced that.

On the 11th the platform will have been released for two months so it's no surprise we're still working through some kinks, but I have over 100 users and most of the feedback I'm getting is extremely positive. That said, I'm constantly working on improving it and would love to hear any feedback, good or bad. You can message me on here or email me if you'd like, [email protected].

----------

Well this thread will be deleted now...

I can't see why it would be. I'm certainly a fan of any feedback. Of course I would have preferred the poster come to me directly and explain the situation before publicly making accusations like this, but I have nothing to hide and appreciate the feedback just the same.

----------

I bought a subscription to ListShack and although they say they scrub against cell phones I know for a fact they don't. I scrubbed against cell phones to double check and about 1% of the data is cell phone data. Buyer beware.

----------

Not to mention a lot of searches are littered with glitches.

I've tried reaching out to you via PM to follow up but haven't heard back. I looked through the new users during the time you said you signed up and the only one that looks like it could be you uses the tagline "don't get burned by bad online reviews" as their tagline. There might be nothing to it, but I did find it amusing.

Either way, please reach out to me about your experience. At this point I have to say I do find the whole thing a touch suspect, but I'm always happy to get feedback about this project.

I appreciate the feedback. We carve out cell phones using the list of prefixes/exchanges and then carve out the ported numbers via a licensing agreement that gives us access to the daily updates. The DNC scrubs are much more direct because the you can download the DNC files in one fell swoop; sourcing the cell phones has been quite a bit more work. The TCPA law specifically states:

Our process easily meets the criteria of reasonable practices and procedures to prevent telephone solicitations in violation of the law, but if you have a better process feel free to reach out to me with it. I presume that you have some empirical evidence to support the 1% and a method you sourced that.

On the 11th the platform will have been released for two months so it's no surprise we're still working through some kinks, but I have over 100 users and most of the feedback I'm getting is extremely positive. That said, I'm constantly working on improving it and would love to hear any feedback, good or bad. You can message me on here or email me if you'd like, [email protected].

----------

I can't see why it would be. I'm certainly a fan of any feedback. Of course I would have preferred the poster come to me directly and explain the situation before publicly making accusations like this, but I have nothing to hide and appreciate the feedback just the same.

----------

I've tried reaching out to you via PM to follow up but haven't heard back. I looked through the new users during the time you said you signed up and the only one that looks like it could be you uses the tagline "don't get burned by bad online reviews" as their tagline. There might be nothing to it, but I did find it amusing.

Either way, please reach out to me about your experience. At this point I have to say I do find the whole thing a touch suspect, but I'm always happy to get feedback about this project.

I'll have to apologize for my "delayed" response, I'm a very busy individual. I use DNC.com for all my compliance issues as it pertains to my insurance business. I also subscribe to the "Wireless Block" and "NeuStar" databases which scrubs wireless cellphones with 100% accuracy. I was hoping using your service would savsave me some money, but it's simply not what I thought it was, and you may want to consider changing your advertising as your lists trully are not TCPA compliant. Here is a small sample of numbers that I scrubbed that your company says are not cell phones but in fact are cell phones:

...<mod snip>....

Last edited by a moderator:
I've reported your post for sharing the names and numbers of those people publicly, but hopefully you can remove that on your own.

We are going to be running another scrub I it this weekend and that neustar is updated daily, so it's entirely possible some of those have changed in that window. If you want to email me with the info it would help me get a better idea of what you're working with.

According to your initial post 99% of these were compliant and we know that within the last two weeks at least some people have ported their landlines to cell phones. I'm all for improving my product, but it sounds like you're confirming that we're doing a pretty good job. It is TCPA compliant. The law is very clear that it doesn't need to be perfect, it requires reasonable practices and procedures to prevent violations. We do a great deal to make it compliant and if any of our clients find themselves having to explain why their compliant I'll happily provide any court with the details of our process.

Last edited:
I'm sure these people are grateful you posted their information on a public forum...

I've reported your post for sharing the names and numbers of those people publicly, but hopefully you can remove that on your own.

We are going to be running another scrub I it this weekend and that neustar is updated daily, so it's entirely possible some of those have changed in that window. If you want to email me with the info it would help me get a better idea of what you're working with.

According to your initial post 99% of these were compliant and we know that within the last two weeks at least some people have ported their landlines to cell phones. I'm all for improving my product, but it sounds like you're confirming that we're doing a pretty good job.

Yes Mods snipped that private info, I didn't realize how private a name and number was. It is consistently 1%, however 1% of consumers have not ported their number in the past 15 days. Whatever database you are using is not the most accurate.

Yes Mods snipped that private info, I didn't realize how private a name and number was. It is consistently 1%, however 1% of consumers have not ported their number in the past 15 days. Whatever database you are using is not the most accurate.

I can't verify one way or the other because so far you refuse to contact me directly with specifics. Considering your posts on other threads your comments are slightly suspect.

Part of our process is using that neustar file, the same one you're using. If you're 100% correct about being 1% off I have no way of comparing that. With that small of a difference it's difficult for me to think of a judge or jury that would think 99% accuracy is anything less than reasonable care. Again, I have no way of verifying your claims because you refuse to contact me directly, but if that's your harshest criticism I'll consider it a pat on the back.

I can't verify one way or the other because so far you refuse to contact me directly with specifics. Considering your posts on other threads your comments are slightly suspect. Part of our process is using that neustar file, the same one you're using. If you're 100% correct about being 1% off I have no way of comparing that. With that small of a difference it's difficult for me to think of a judge or jury that would think 99% accuracy is anything less than reasonable care. Again, I have no way of verifying your claims because you refuse to contact me directly, but if that's your harshest criticism I'll consider it a pat on the back.

Josh you are in compliance, and you have proven with your posts of the law, this guys and a few others are only here to spew hate and stir the pot. He should never have made this public unless you refused to acknowledge him etc, it is extremely un professional to bash a company or person publicly with no merit.

Back