How Competitive Are Foresters & Equitable

BOOK THIS!

They probably didnt know they had benefits cuz they bought it from some slug of an agent, like you, who didn't even bother showing them.

Your not a salesman, your an order taker.

cheeburger cheeburger cheeburger
s.....s.....s. You forgot those. :laugh:

Opps!!! Freudian slip?

Can't blame a guy for selling whatever appeals to his customers. I personally am all about guarantees. I never place a big benefit on any non-guaranteed benefits. Maybe I've lost sales by not doing that.

Everybody has to do what they believe in. That's why there is more than one company.

That!

I don't know about Equitable but they don't seem to be competitive. I don't "feel" them out there.

For the last year Foresters has not been a player. Not so much because of being a fraternal but because of just who they are. I've been contracted with them for 8 years and never cared for them but I would their products in spite of the management when it was in my client's interest.

I've only had one contestable claim with them and they did not pay it. it took them 10 months also to decide to not pay. I've had a handful of non contestable claims with them and they were paid fairly quickly but slower any other company I have pay non contestable claims. Most of those are assigned at the funeral home so that's a really a non issue.

Their member benefits are nothing to brag about so I don't. I did almost lose a couple of clients because of the hassle they got when trying to use the legal aid.

I write whatever is in the best interest of my client and that I can get through underwriting. That has been Foresters one time since the changes of last July.

I have replaced some Foresters and I will use the fraternal against them. I agree with Newby on the fraternal thing. I have no problem using them but all things being equal I will use a policy over a certificate.

I also agree with nfl that using that alone is a scare tactic when talking about large A rated fraternals. Now a small fraternal that lower than an A rating or even not rated at all as some of them are, I would be scared to use them so it would be a scare tactic to say that, but a true scare tactic.

Maybe with other companies making changes then Foresters will fall back into the mix? If they do I will just hold my nose and write them again.

Back