How Did You Do This Business

Remember the thermal fax paper.
Rotary phones were the worst.
No speed dailing.
If you called a number and it was busy, you hung up and called again.
At least comp was good in those days.

That 50% was the life comp. I have used pay phones in some scary.. areas.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
That 50% was the life comp. I have used pay phones in some scary.. areas.

Oh. That 50%in was as earned only.

Last edited:
I remember that.... use to get the deeds of trust every morning on that crap.....I also remember that Celtic came out with the first online application ever.....

i worked for the company that started putting life application kits online.....when we started telling agents they could get them on the web versus waiting for the app to be mailed to them, they thought we were torturing them!!

Difference between then and now. I just get back and the power is out. In the good old days that meant bar thirty.

Today, barely a hiccup. Phones already forwarded to my cell. My phone is rooted so it is a hot spot. As I am typing this a call came in, handled. Android phone so I have a half dozen batteries. I can work for hours.

Ah hell, it is still bar thirty.

I started in this business in 2002, we still had paper apps with black carbon paper that had to be mailed to the home office. We used a typewriter to type insurance cards for customers. And we took polariod photos of cars and houses. When we got our first scanner and digital camera in 2004 we hated both, they seemed SO complicated! And that was just 10 short years ago, things have changed so much in such a short time!

Rotary phones were the worst.
No speed dailing.
If you called a number and it was busy, you hung up and called again.
At least comp was good in those days.

My wife found an old French Provincial rotary telephone that had belonged to her mother. She plugged it up ot use as an extension in our bedroom. The grandkids, ages 12, 9 ,7 saw it and could not figure out how to use so we had to show them. They thought this new fangled gadget was wonderful.. However, they are still trying to figure out how to send a text on it! :)

Remember the first calculator I bought was from Sears in 1977. Everybody admired it.. It was as thick as a pack of cigarettes and maybe a little larger in height and width. It would do anymore than the $2.00 Dollar Store calculators you buy today. Cost $64.00 which is the eqivalent of $350.00 in today's dollars.. Cutting Edge technology is expensive.:yes:

Back