How Much Are You Paying for Telemarketing Leads?

I was definitely talking to you, but if the affiliation is what's making it work, then that's a little more difficult to duplicate.

I think the affiliation helped tremendously. Believe me, I asked for the script they were using but never got one and I asked a few times. I also asked to be allowed to go watch or listen in at the telemarketing place or call center and I basically got a 'what are you crazy' kinda look. The funny thing is if I had been more involved with it (slim chance in hell) those people who got called who shouldn't have would of never been called.

Generating online leads from telemarketing is a professionel business.

Every insurance agent/agentcies must do their own due dilligence to test and track their lead providers, before hitting the big campaigns.

When we have a new client, we follow through a two way expectation interview, to make the client and provider a perfect match, to secure a high ROI and to make the business relationship a long term investment.

Lead generation and online consulting services are just like anything else in life - you will get, what you want to pay.

I can only recommend to work with a high priced lead generatior service, who follows market standards and prices.

All the best,
Lars Schak
SIC

Josh I think you would find some agents who are willing to share on the upside but not 50%. Maybe 50% if all the business stuck and there wasn't any service work. However I think agents willing to do this aren't your top producing agents. I'm not saying these agents would suck but they sure wouldn't be top producers. No top producer is gonna give up 50%. None that I know of anyway.

I just feel it is flawed for everyone. Always gonna be finger pointing. The whole lead buying process to me is very similar to going to Vegas. You put your money in the machines and pull the handle. Sometimes you have better luck on different tables or games and it doesn't hurt to know what you are doing for an advantage over the guy who knows nothing about the games he is playing.

At best it is a little better than a crapshoot. You might wind up with just a name and a phone number or the lead provider might have the best lead there is with an agent who could screw up a wet dream. :goofy:

That's the best analogy I've heard about buying leads.

I know a group that is offering Annuity telemarketing leads for $45/lead. They pre-qualify that the clients have at least 50k of retirement assets and then send a booklet as well as a bio about the advisor. If you're interested in details, shoot me a PM.

Are there actually companies that do telemarketing and charge by the hour? What do they charge? I'm assuming the leads they generate would be a better quality...

We are a small call center based in Cebu City, Philippines with a capacity of about 80 people.

We are currently serving a couple of Agency owners for StateFarm and AllState in AZ, OK, TX and hopefully by next week CA. But we are open to any location in continental US.

Here's how we do our telemarketing:

1) We charge a monthly recurring fee for a guaranteed number of leads per month
2) We provide our scripts to the client and they have the option to tweak it a bit for their use. They can even add more questions. Fewer questions means more leads. Our questionnaire is about 10-15 questions.
3) On some clients, we can send them the lead information within 30 minutes after the call. The system we're using was developed in-house and fully integrated in our dialer. The 30 minutes already includes the QA supervisor listening to the entire call prior to approving as a qualified lead.
4) At the end of the day, we send our clients the list summary including all the call recordings for all leads.
5) All leads are exclusive and we constantly ask for feedback from our clients. We believe that the client should be involved on the lead generation process for continuous improvements.

We don't see ourselves as a mass production facility for leads but as a partner for our clients. The downside right now is our limited capacity and our teams of telemarketing agents will need to get oriented with several call scripts.

We would be interested on working with new clients and discussing requirements.

Thank you!

Back